I feel like kitchen gifts are the best gifts. These are some of my favorite holiday gift ideas for people on your list who love to cook.
This little guide is broken down three categories:
- cooking gadgets
All of the holiday gift ideas on this list are tried-and-true in my own kitchen. They've stood up to months or (in some cases) years of heavy use, and I truly think that anyone who loves cooking or eating will love these holiday gift ideas!
Holiday Gift Ideas: Kitchen Gadgets
This is a short list, since I'm including only my most-used cooking gadgets. The ones that make my kitchen life better.
- Air Fryer - Of course I was going to recommend an air fryer! This is my newest and most-loved kitchen gadget. This is the air fryer that I have been using heavily since this summer. If you'd like more info, check out these air fryer recipes - I've added a little FAQ to the bottom that you might find helpful!
- Instant Pot - The instant pot is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, and yogurt maker, all in one appliance. I use my Instant Pot every day. It's easy to use and to clean, my favorite qualities in a kitchen gadget. This is my Instant Pot. I was sure I'd never use the yogurt function, but now I make yogurt in my Instant Pot once a week!
- Moccamaster - Guys, my husband is a total coffee nerd. Seriously, we have a whole cabinet dedicated to various kinds of presses and pour overs. But on weekday mornings, when we want a stellar cup of coffee, we use this bad boy. It fixes a cup of drip coffee that rivals the Chemex in deliciousness.
- EZ Tofu Press - EZ Tofu Press sponsors my site around the holidays, but I use their press year-round. It presses tofu faster and more evenly than DIY pressing methods I've tried. Anyone who loves making tofu would love this press!
Holiday Gift Ideas: Cookbooks
There are a few cookbooks that I turn to on a regular basis, and they make great holiday gifts for folks who love to cook or wish they cooked more.
- Help Yourself Cookbook for Kids - Darrol loves thumbing through this kids cookbook from Ruby Roth. The pictures are beautiful, and the recipes, simple and kid-friendly, and 100% vegan!
- Aquafaba - Zsu Dever is an amazing chef, and her book aquafaba in incredibly comprehensive. I turn to it over and over for recipes and ideas. Read my review and get the recipe for Latkes from the book.
- Baconish - Need I say more? But I will! Leinana Two Moons created a whole book dedicated to plant-based bacon, and it's epic. This is another one that I reviewed this year, if you want to do some more research.
- Gettin' Saucy - My good friend and coworker Andrea Bertoli put out her first cookbook this year, and it is beautiful! I am honored to have edited this cookbook for her. Andrea worked her tail off to make sure that every recipe was written and photographed perfectly.
- 40 Days of Green Smoothies - This is my second print cookbook, and I am so thrilled that it's available in time for the holidays!
- Bowls! - My first print cookbook is perfect for beginner cooks looking to up their game. The first half is for bowl recipes, and the second half of the book is dedicated to components, so you can learn how to assemble your very own delicious bowls on a moment's notice.
Holiday Gift Ideas: Kitchenware
These are holiday gift ideas for smaller items and kitchen goodies that don't fit into the gadgets category.
- Jeanette Zeis Ceramics - Jeanette creates beautiful, hand-thrown and hand-painted pottery. I can't recommend her stuff enough!
- Animal House Vegetable Peeler - Spoiler: I totally got this for my sister for Hanukkah. This vegetable peeler might not look it, but it's very durable! I've had mine for many years and love it, which is why I got one for my sister. She loves hers already!
- Silpat - This silicone baking mat might not seem sexy, but they are a game-changer for home cooks. Never worry about baked tofu or cookies or anything else sticking to your baking sheets again!
- Cocktail Set - I received my stainless steel cocktail set as a gift years ago, and it makes fixing cocktails so much fun! I like this set, because it has a stand that holds everything, so you don't end up with your bar stuff all over the place in your cabinet.