Smoothie bowls are super hip right now, and they are SO easy to make! Here’s how to make a smoothie bowl from your favorite smoothie recipe.
Whenever I talk about smoothie bowls, at least one person asks what that means. One friend said, “So, it’s like you pour your smoothie into a bowl?” It basically is! It’s sort of like a smoothie meets a sundae. Start with your favorite smoothie recipe, top with some deliciousness, and you’re a smoothie bowl pro. Here’s how to make a smoothie bowl out of any smoothie recipe for a healthy, satisfying breakfast.
To make my smoothie bowl, I’m using the Strawberries and Cream smoothie recipe from 40 Days of Green Smoothies made with Silk soy milk and topped with fresh strawberries, chia seeds, and So Delicious strawberry yogurt. It’s decadently delicious!
The Silk and So Delicious products are a perfect example of how to make a smoothie bowl from everyday ingredients. You can find them both in Kroger’s Natural Foods Department. The soy milk was even on sale!
I got all of the other ingredients for this smoothie bowl in Kroger’s Natural Foods Department, too: Haas avocado, fresh and frozen strawberries, chia seeds, and kale. I do almost all of my grocery shopping in this section, and it’s so handy having all of my favorite treats like vegan mayo and cheese, tofu, nuts, seeds, dried and frozen fruit, etc all in one area. It makes shopping quick and easy, which is especially handy when there’s a squirrely three-year-old in the cart who’s getting hungry.
How to Make a Smoothie Bowl from Any Smoothie Recipe
The recipe below is just a jumping-off point! Of course, you can follow it to the letter for a delicious strawberries and cream smoothie bowl, but you can also start with any smoothie you like. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a smoothie recipe. I have a ton of smoothies here on the site, or you can use any smoothie from 40 Days of Green Smoothies.
- Choose some toppings. I like three to four toppings on my smoothie bowls. Fruit (fresh, frozen, or dried), nuts or seeds, vegan chocolate chips, and vegan yogurt are all tasty on top of a smoothie bowl.
That’s it! Pour that smoothie into the bowl, throw on your toppings, and you are ready to eat!
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie
- 1/4 of a Haas avocado
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of kale - ribs removed
- 1 cup Silk Soy Milk
- 4 ice cubes
- So Delicious Strawberry Yogurt
- chia seeds
- fresh strawberries - sliced
- Puree all of the smoothie ingredients, and pour into your favorite bowl.
- Top with the toppings, and eat!