This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CoffeehouseBlend #CollectiveBias
If you haven't tried coffee and citrus together before, let this Orange French Press Coffee Milkshake change your heart and mind! If you like orange chocolate, you'll love orange and coffee flavors together, too.
We love coffee in my house. My husband is what you mighhhttt call a "coffee nerd." He loves keeping up with the latest and greatest brewing methods. Seriously, we have an entire section of our kitchen dedicated to storing things like our Chemex, Aeropress, French press, and other fancy coffee brewing doodads.
More Coffee-Citrus Goodness: Hard Iced Coffee Lemonade
I'm less of a coffee nerd, but I do love a good cup of coffee. That's why I was super excited when Folgers® offered the chance to create a fancy drink using their Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend! This coffee is great black - it's smooth with a bold finish - and it's also lovely with a little bit of soy milk or in a recipe. I've had it hot and iced, and it's lovely. It is the star of this Orange French Press Coffee Milkshake!
I grabbed a can of the new Coffeehouse Blend at a Publix here in town.
It says right on the package that it's perfect for French press, which is what gave me the idea to use French press as the base for my milkshake recipe.
French press has a richer, bolder flavor than drip coffee, in my opinion, and I really wanted the coffee flavors to shine in this vegan milkshake recipe.
How to Make Orange French Press Coffee
To make the shake, you start by brewing up a cup of orange French press coffee. This might sound fancy, but it's totally not.
If you can lift and lower your hand, you can make orange French press coffee. There's a quick video at the top of the page, so you can see how easy this coffee is to make.
And here are written instructions, in case you swing that way:
- Spoon 2 tablespoons Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend grounds into the bottom of your French press
- Add 1 teaspoon orange zest.
- Pour in 1 cup boiling water, and stir.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Very slowly lower the plunger. You don't even really have to press. Just let the weight of your hand and arm press the plunger down.
- Let the orange coffee cool, then make your shake! You can pour the coffee into a mug and stick the mug in the fridge to speed up the cooling process, if you want.
Orange French Press Coffee Milkshake
For the Orange French Press Coffee
- 2 tablespoons Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Shakes
- 2 cups vegan vanilla ice cream of your choice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- extra orange zest - for garnish
Make the Orange French Press Coffee
- Spoon the coffee grounds and orange zest into the bottom of your French press.
- Let the water settle down for a minute, so it's not actively boiling, then pour it over the coffee-orange zest mixture, and stir.
- Steep for 5 minutes, then very slowly lower the plunger. You don't even really have to press. Just let the weight of your hand and arm press the plunger down.
- Once the plunger is all the way down, pour the coffee into a heat-proof container, like a coffee mug or mason jar. Since you're brewing such a small amount, you'll end up with over-steeped coffee if you let it cool in the French press.
- Let the coffee cool, then make your shake! You can stick the mug of freshly-brewed coffee into the fridge to speed up the cooling process, if you want.
Make the Shake
- Combine the Orange French Press Coffee you just made with the ice cream, orange juice, and orange zest in your blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses, top with the extra orange zest, and garnish with a sprinkling of orange zest.