This is a simple stir fry starring pan fried tofu and garlicky green beans. It's a perfect weeknight meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Vegetable Husband has been rich with green beans for the past two weeks, and it was time to branch out a little. This recipe was a total hit! I hope this green been trend continues.
We had our pan fried tofu with a side of mashed potatoes, and it was perfect! It would also be great over rice or noodles.
Pan Fried Tofu with Garlic Green Beans
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mushroom (or your favorite) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces and stems removed
- ¼ cup vidalia onion, diced
- hoisin sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, toss the tofu with the garlic and soy sauce. Set that aside to marinate while you prep everything else.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or wok and add the tofu mixture and onions. Cook on medium high until the tofu starts to brown, then add the green beans. Saute for a few minutes more, until the green beans turn bright green and soften just slightly.
- Serve! Drizzle some hoisin sauce over the top, if you like.