I had some ladies over for a crafternoon this weekend, and you can’t have a crafty get together without awesome snacks! These savory muffins did the trick!
The onions and eggplant were from our CSA share. I’ve been on the lookout for good eggplant recipes, because we are rich with those purple veggies these days! These savory muffins were a sort of late-night inspiration that struck the evening before folks were coming by, and they turned out great!
Savory Curried Eggplant Muffins
Yield: Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 small eggplant, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup all purpose white flour (half white and half wheat would work well, too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each garam masala, cumin
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the eggplant and onion in the sesame oil until the onions start to brown.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, whisking well, then add the wet ingredients and the nuts. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into lined muffin tins, filling the tins just over halfway, and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.