The top 10 vegan recipe posts from my site this year. I hope you enjoy looking through these as much as I enjoyed writing and compiling them!
2016 has been a big year in the Striepe house! Dave and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and our fourth year as parents. Darrol Henry is 3 ½ now, and this year he started to feel less like my baby and more like a proper kid. We have so much fun playing together!
I also released my second print cookbook - 40 Days of Green Smoothies - this year after a successful Kickstarter campaign. My heart grew three sizes at the overwhelming support you guys showed for this project. The book is beautiful, and I couldn't have done it without your help.
Over the past couple of weeks, I've seen some fellow food bloggers counting down their top 10 posts from the previous year, and it has been so much fun to look at their top recipes. There are always so many gems on the list, and I thought it would be fun to dig through my site stats and find my own top 10 from 2016. I hope you enjoy looking through these as much as I enjoyed writing and compiling them!
10. Kamut Pilaf - Kamut is an ancient grain that is a lot of fun to experiment with. I loved putting together this little guide to cooking kamut, along with a recipe for hearty Kamut Pilaf!
9. Crispy Air Fried Tofu - This isn't just a top recipe on my site - it's a fave in our house! I'm pretty sure that Dave and Darrol would eat this tofu every day, if I didn't suggest other supper options.
8. Bacon Cashews - Proof that vegans love the spicy, smoky, sweet flavor of bacon, too. But there's no need to bother pigs about it.
7. Soy Yogurt in the Instant Pot - This is another top recipe that's also a family favorite around here. Darrol told me last week that he likes my yogurt better than store-bought, and my heart sang!
6. 12+ Vegan Air Fryer Recipes - I've been adding new recipes to this list since first publishing it. I think it's at 19 recipes now!
5. Sour Cream Ranch Party Dip - This is one of my most-pinned recipes of the last year, and it's super easy to make!
4. 5 Vegan Lunches - I pack my son's lunch every day for school, and from this post's popularity, I'm guessing that a lot of other folks experience lunch-packing fatigue from time to time, just like I do.
3. My Quinoa Guide - Quinoa is so healthy and versatile, and there are lots of easy ways to prepare it. This simple guide has recipes for the stovetop, rice cooker, and two pressure cooker methods. Plus quinoa recipes to get you started.
2. Sour Watermelon Shandy - I love a good shandy - a beer and juice cocktail - on a hot day. This watermelon shandy is so easy to make and a total crowd-pleaser!
1. Vegan Coconut Cupcakes - I made these coconut cupcakes for a friend's birthday party when I didn't feel like buying coconut extract. It turns out that you can totally get a coconutty taste in a fluffy cupcake without artificial ingredients!