Memorial Day is coming soon here in the U.S., and for a lot of folks that means the unofficial start of summer and spending some quality time with the grill. Try these delicious vegan grill recipes along with sides, dips, & sauces for your next cookout.
Vegan Sandwich & Burger Grill Recipes
Sometimes, you just want to throw a burger onto the grill, and these grilled sandwiches and vegan burgers will hit the spot.
1. Tempeh Bacon Portobello Burger - A flavorful, marinated portobello mushroom is the base for this simple vegan burger. Top with homemade or store-bought tempeh bacon!
2.White Bean Artichoke Burgers - Not all veggie burgers can stand up to the grill, but these grill up like delicious little champs!
3. Umami Almond Quinoa Burgers - This recipe doesn't list grilling instructions, but Dreena explains in the comments that you can grill them. She says, "You will want to be sure the grill is oiled so they won’t stick, and try not to flip too often (just once/twice). You can also pop on a grill tray if you prefer (I use a ceramic one with parchment to grill things like chickpeas)! Good luck and enjoy."
4. Grilled Ratatouille Sandwich - Burgers aren't the only grilled goods you can eat in a bun. Dianne's ratatouille sandwich is veggie-packed and super satisfying.
More Main Dish Vegan Grill Recipes
I love a burg, but they're not the beginning and end when it comes to vegan grilling. Below are vegan grill recipes for both alternative main dishes and tasty, grilled sides.
5. Baby Rosemary Potatoes - Crowd-pleasing grilled baby potatoes go with pretty much any vegan grill menu. You can even make them ahead of time, so you can party more and cook less at your cookout!
6. Grilled Corn with Sriracha Mayo - Sweet grilled corn with creamy, spicy mayo! You serve the mayo on the side, so guests who can't take the heat can have their corn nekkid.
7. Lemon Italian Herbed Grilled Zucchini - Citrusy grilled zucchini wedges only have six ingredients and are great as a side or piled onto a bun.
8. Grilled Summer Vegetables - Make fresh, seasonal summer vegetables the star of the show with plenty of apple mustard sauce for drizzling or dunking.
9. Peanut-Cilantro Veggie Skewers - This is another veggie-forward recipe. This time, you marinate your veggies in deeply-seasoned peanut sauce before grilling.
10. Curry Cauliflower Grill - I'm loving this flavorful take on my favorite grilling method!
11. Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes - This is a simple way to make grilled potatoes extra special.
12. Grilled Banana Splits - Who says grilling has to end with savory dishes? Cadry's grilled banana split is an epic dessert for your Memorial Day menu or any time you're firing up the grill.
13. Grilled Tofu with Lemon and Rosemary - My family loves tofu, and I love that you can make this flavorful grilled tofu recipe with just a handful of ingredients!
14. Grilled Pizza - I KNOW. Sarah brings a pizza stone to the grill to make these amazing grilled pizzas, and the crust has a secret ingredient!
15. Din Tai Fung Tofu - Another simple-yet-flavorful grilled tofu recipe. It looks delicious with the grilled zucchini that she suggests.
16. Foil-Wrapped Grilled Vegetables - This is another hobo dinner recipe, and I love how many tasty veggies she's included in this recipe!
17. Grilled Maitake Mushrooms - If you can get your hands on maitake mushrooms, you are in for a treat! They're delicious with this flavorful Thai-style marinade.
Cookout-Friendly Side Dishes
Round out your vegan grill recipes with some sides, and you are in business!
18. Dilly Pesto Potato Salad - Grab some fresh dill and make yourself a potato salad to remember!
19. Vegan Pasta Salad with Avocado-Lime-Basil Aioli - This is one of the most popular recipes on my site. It's a perfect mix of rich avocado, tangy lime, fresh basil, and veggies.
20. Bean and Corn Salad - This is my version of a popular salad we used to serve at the coffee shop I worked at in high school. It's as popular at cookouts as it was at The Coffee Table!
21. Broccoli Slaw - My family eats this crowd-pleasing, colorful slaw about once a week lately, and it's perfect with a grilled meal!
22. Gingered Summer Slaw - This is a mayo-free coleslaw with balsamic dressing, sweet fresh apples, and spicy fresh ginger.
23. Tabbouleh - My family used to serve tabbouleh alongside grilled meals when I was a kid. The cool, fresh flavors are a perfect contrast with hearty, grilled main dishes
24. Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad - This spaghetti salad is packed with fresh veggies and rich, pesto sauce.
25. Olive Flatbread - Sop up all of those good sauces with this homemade flatbread. You can make this in advance, so it's ready before your guests arrive.
26. Ranch Pasta Salad - What can I say? Pasta salads and grilling go hand-in-hand. This one stars sun-dried tomatoes and peas!
27. Tropical Chickpea Salad - Sweet mango makes this fresh salad perfect for a patio shindig. I'm loving the flavors and textures happening here!
28. Summer Hearts of Palm Salad - Dish up this salad with chips and salsa as an appetizer or serve it as a side with the rest of your grillings!
Dips & Sauces for Your Vegan Cookout
Is there anything that a good sauce or dip can't improve? Add these tasty dips and sauces to your next vegan grill menu!
29. BBQ Hummus - This may be the laziest hummus recipe ever. Throw everything into the blender, and you're good to go.
30. Date-Sweetened BBQ Sauce - If you don't love the added sugars in store-bought BBQ sauces, try my date-sweetened version instead.
31. Tomato Jam - Sweet-and-sour tomato jam is a lovely alternative to ketchup for spreading on your vegan burgers and sandwiches.
32. 10-Minute Guacamole - Guac is my favorite dip to serve at any vegan BBQ. There are lots of ways to make guacamole, but I love my 10-minute recipe because it's super delicious and only takes...10 minutes!
33. Queso - My cashew queso is kid- and omnivore-tested. I make it almost any time that we're entertaining, and it's perfect for your next vegan grill adventure as either an appetizer or a spread.
34. Green Sriracha Sauce - Every meal needs a hot sauce option, and this homemade green sriracha is a fun way to bring the heat.