A cozy bowl of Vegan Pumpkin Soup is perfect on a chilly fall evening, and making it in the Instant Pot means practically no work for you! Don’t worry – I’ve got the simple stovetop directions, in case you need those instead.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
What can I say? I love all things pumpkin, and I. Love. SOUP! We have been eating Coconut Noodle Soup weekly for a while, and it felt like time to mix up our game. Vegan Pumpkin Soup to the rescue!
This recipe has directions for both the Instant Pot and the stovetop. And, of course, you can make this in any pressure cooker – the Instant Pot is just the one I happen to have.
What makes this pumpkin soup extra cozy is the tarragon. Tarragon has a mild, sweet flavor with a bitter edge and just the slightest licorice taste. But don’t worry – the licorice flavor is not overpowering in this soup. It’s a cozy bowl of comfort food!
The thing I super love about this recipe is that there is potentially zero prep work to do. If you choose canned beans and frozen corn and cauliflower, you literally just need to put things into the pot, turn it on, and walk away until it’s time to stir in the spinach.
Even if you do choose to use fresh veggies, there’s minimal prep. Just cutting up some cauliflower and getting those corn kernels off of the cob. That makes this Vegan Pumpkin Soup a perfect weeknight supper for those days when you’re just too tired to cook.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup (with Instant Pot and Stove Top Directions)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cubes Not Chick’n Broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree - NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 15 ounce can white beans - drained and rinsed (Or 1 3/4 cups cooked white beans)
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/4 cups corn kernels - fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cauliflower florets - fresh or frozen
- 3 packed cups baby spinach
Instant Pot Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the spinach, in your instant pot. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- Open the lid of your pot, and stir in the spinach. If the heat from the soup doesn't wilt the spinach, you can use the saute function to heat it up more.
Stove Top Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the spinach, in a soup pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the veggies are all cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pot, and cook, stirring, until it wilts.