Just because you're planning to cook supper for Valentine's Day doesn't mean you have to do a ton of work. This vegan Valentine's Day menu is easy to make, so you can focus on rrrromance!
This easy Valentine's Day menu is totally plant based and uses shortcut and advance prep to simplify your life.
I'll get into details about each recipe and go over your day before and day-of game plan, so you will have as little work to do on Valentine's Day proper.
Cocktail or mocktail
This cocktail is quick and easy to make, and you can easily convert it to a mocktail! To make it a mocktail, just skip the rum. You'll make up the volume by topping it off with more sparkling water instead. It's basically an agua fresca.
Time saving tip: Chop your strawberries in advance! They'll keep fine overnight, and that way you just have to throw things into the glass and muddle to make your drinks.
This cozy, nourishing salad is super simple to make and keeps well in the refrigerator for three to four days. That means you can make it in advance!
It may be a weeknight go-to, but this pasta dish is fancy enough to be your main event on Valentine's Day. It takes 15-20 minutes to make and requires very little prep.
I like to serve this pasta with a hearty sprinkling of my Magical Fairy Dust. This keeps for weeks, so you can also make it in advance!
This dish goes well with red or white wine. Just make sure your wine is vegan.
This vanilla pudding is a light dessert that you can 100% make in advance. Sometimes it does separate in the fridge, but a quick stir is all you need to fix that right up.
I love to serve this partfait-style, like in the photo! Just alternate layers of pudding and fresh berries (that you washed yesterday). It looks so fancy but is so easy!
The game plan: make this menu work for you!
With a cocktail and three courses to make, you're going to want a game plan, so everything's ready at the same time. I made some notes above about how to achieve this, but I wanted to also include a step-by-step for you.
The night before
- Make the salad, Fairy Dust, and the vanilla pudding, and put them into airtight containers in the fridge.
- Chop a pint of strawberries for the drink and the pudding, and mince the basil for the pasta. Store in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Wash your berries for the pudding parfait. Store them in the fridge in the same containers they came in.
On Valentine's Day
- Half an hour before you want to eat, start boiling your water for the pasta.
- While the pasta boils, make your cocktail. Sip and chat!
- When the pasta finishes boiling, serve the salad, and toss the pasta ingredients together in a serving bowl. Eat! Drink! Chat!
- After you eat, dish up that pudding with the pre-chopped and pre-washed berries.
Easy peasy! With a solid menu and game plan in place, you can focus more on enjoying yourself and less on cooking logistics. Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!