Vegan Waldorf Salad is a sweet, crunchy mix of fruit, veggies, and walnuts in tangy, creamy sauce. And you only need seven ingredients to make it!
Guys, I am so excited to share the Vegan Waldorf Salad recipe from NYC Vegan today! I'm just one stop on the book's blog tour, and I encourage you to check out even more delicious recipes from this book. Here are some of my faves:
- Black and White Cookies at Spabettie
- Street Fair Corn at Dianne's Vegan Kitchen
- New York Cheesecake at Vegan in the Freezer
- Street Cart Soft Baked Pretzels at Veggie Inspired
- Latkes at JL Goes Vegan
NYC Vegan is a seriously gorgeous book. It's basically like a food tour of New York, but you don't have to buy a plane ticket or book a hotel to do it. Have I said that the book is gorgeous yet? Because it's gorgeous! Jackie Sobon from Vegan Yack Attack did the photography, and every picture makes me want to eat the page.
I love the recipes for the deliciousness factor, but I also love the flexibility. There's a chapter of "staples," like homemade seitan, in the book, but it's super low key. Even the introduction to that chapter says it's great to make pantry ingredients from scratch, but not required. I love any cookbook that gives me an out to be lazy.
How to Make a Vegan Waldorf Salad
This salad couldn't be easier to make! Just whisk together the dressing ingredients, chop your fruits and veggies, and toss it all together.
The dressing is simple, just vegan mayo whisked together with lemon juice, a little sugar, and a little salt. The salad is the same as a classic Waldorf Salad: apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes.
It's a simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer! The video above has a short review of NYC vegan, plus the Vegan Waldorf Salad recipe. If you prefer written instructions, I've got you covered, too.
Vegan Waldorf Salad
- ½ cup nondairy mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium Gala, Fuji, or other red sweet apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup seedless red grapes - halved
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
- Stir in the apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes. Chill until ready to serve.