Instant Pot Sushi Rice
Whether you want to make sushi bowls or sushi rolls, you'll love this super simple recipe for Instant Pot Sushi Rice!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 13 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups short grain white rice OR 1 cup short grain brown rice OR a mix of 3/4 cup short grain white rice and 1/2 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
Combine the rice, water, vinegar, and agave nectar in your Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
For white rice: Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, then do a natural release (10-15 minutes).
For brown rice: Stir in an extra 1/4 cup of water, then cook at high pressure for 22 minutes, then do a natural release (10-15 minutes).
For a brown-white mix: Cook at high pressure for 22 minutes, then do a natural release (10-15 minutes).
- The cooking time listed for this Instant Pot Sushi Rice is for white rice, the type my family prefers in our sushi, and it includes the 10 minute natural pressure release. The total time for brown rice or a rice blend is 37 minutes, since it cooks longer in the pressure cooker.
- Calorie information is for white rice, since that's the most popular.