Creamy Kale Pasta Sauce
Sneak in some veggies – literally! – with creamy kale pasta sauce. The sauce takes just a few minutes in the blender – no cooking required!
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 cups uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 15 ounce can white beans drained
- 2 cups loosely-packed raw kale leaves ribs removed
- 2 green onions roughly chopped, green and white parts
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 1 fresh lemon's worth
- 1 cup raw cashews (Soaked for 20 minutes in hot water, then drained.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato diced, optional
Combine the pasta and the white beans in a pot, and cook according to the directions on the box of pasta.
While that boils, combine all of the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes in your blender, and puree until nice and smooth.
When the pasta and beans are done cooking, drain them, then toss them with the sauce before serving. Top with a handful of chopped tomato, if you like that kind of thing.