Instant Pot Chili with Canned Beans and Tofu
Instant Pot Chili with Canned Beans and Tofu is one of my family's favorite meals, and it's so, so easy to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
For the Instant Pot Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper chopped (Whatever color you like!)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed and diced into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Not Beef Cube
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh, frozen, or canned corn
- salt and pepper to taste
Toppings (Choose your faves!)
Turn on your pressure cooker to the saute function, and add the oil. Saute the onion and bell pepper for a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent.
Add the garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Give a quick stir, then add the tofu. Toss the tofu with the spices for 2 minutes.
Add everything else but the salt, pepper, and toppings. Stir, and lock your pressure cooker's lid. Bring to high pressure for 8 minutes, then do a natural release (10-15 minutes).
Adapted from Dad Cooks Dinner.
Creamy Buffalo Chili Variation: If you love Buffalo sauce like I do, I highly recommend adding it to this chili! Just add about a tablespoon to your bowl, if you're craving some heat. I like to offset the spicy, vinegary Buffalo sauce with a dollop of vegan sour cream. So good!