Vegan Corn and Potato Chowder
Vegan Corn and Potato Chowder is so easy. Like, stupidly easy. It takes about 20 minutes to make, and it’s a total crowd-pleaser.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 21 minutes
- 2 cups vegetable or no-chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow potato cut into 1" cubes
- 1 15 ounce can navy beans drained (or 1 3/4 cups cooked beans)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 heads broccoli chopped into florets (Peel and chop the stalks, too, why not!)
- 2 cups unsweetened vegan milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (optional, for a thicker soup)
- roasted, unsalted cashews
- hot sauce
In a soup pot, combine the broth, potato, and beans. Cover and heat on medium-high for 10 minutes.
Add the carrots, corn, and broccoli. Cover, and cook for 6 more minutes, still on medium-high, then turn off the heat, and stir in the soy milk. If you’re using the nutritional yeast, also stir that in now, until it’s dissolved.
Dish up your bowls of soup, and top each one with a handful of cashews and a squeeze of hot sauce (if you’re using).