Dilly Sunflower Seed Dip
Dilly Sunflower Seed Dip is perfect for crackers and veggies at your next party. Soaked, raw sunflower seeds are the star of this hearty, nut-free vegan dip.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Chilling Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds soaked in hot water for 15-20 minutes, then drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 1-2 lemons, depending on how juicy they are
- 1/2 cup water NOT the soaking water - new water!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional, but recommended
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons dried dill or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped bell peppers any color you like - chopping helps it blend up smoothly
- 1 plum tomato chopped, for garnish
Put all of the ingredients except the tomato into your blender and puree until as smooth as possible. This is going to take a while, and if you're using a regular blender, you’ll need to stop to scrape down the sides of your blender and give the mixture a stir several times as you’re blending. Just be patient, and keep on blending until the dip reaches the creaminess that you’re looking for.
Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with the chopped tomato just before serving.