Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash
Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash is a perfect holiday side dish. Especially with plenty of earthy mushrooms, savory green onions, and sweet-tart dried cranberries in the mix!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 4 cups diced butternut squash (You're going for 1" pieces. A 2-pound squash should do the trick.)
- 1 cup sliced green onions You're going for 3-inch pieces.
- 8 ounces button mushrooms stemmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil You can substitute spray oil, if you prefer. Just spray after transferring the mixture to the basket.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- extra green onion for garnish, optional
In a large bowl, combine the squash, green onions, and button mushrooms, and set aside.
Make the sauce: Combine the olive oil (if using), soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, and garlic in your blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
Pour the sauce over the squash mixture, tossing to coat well, then transfer to your air fryer basket. If you're opting for spray oil, this is when you'd spray to coat.
Cook at 400F for 25-35 minutes (see note), shaking every 5 minutes, until the squash pieces are browned on the outside and tender on the inside. Toss in the dried cranberries, top with the extra green onion (if using), then serve hot.
- 25-35 minutes may seem like a big range of cooking times. Let me explain! The cooking time will vary depending on the size of your pieces, the size of your air fryer, and even how fresh the squash you chose is.