Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
Thick, rich, creamy Vegan Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese soup is a snap to make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil or water, if you prefer to water-fry
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups diced red potato 1 large or 2 small potatoes should do it.
- 4 cups broccoli florets Large pieces are fine - don't spend a ton of time chopping broccoli! Frozen broccoli will also work.
- 3 cups water
- 3 Not Chick'n Broth Cubes
- 2 cups unsweetened vegan milk
- 1 7 ounce bag vegan cheddar shreds
- salt and black pepper to taste
Use your pressure cooker's saute function to melt the vegan butter or heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion becomes translucent.
Press the cancel button, then add the carrots, potato, broccoli, water and broth cubes. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can do this in an upright blender, but don't blend the soup while it's still boiling hot! Let it cool for a bit.
Add the vegan milk and cheddar shreds to the potful of soup, and press the saute button. Cook, stirring until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.