Spinach Artichoke Pasta
This rich and creamy Spinach Artichoke Pasta is totally dairy free and only take about 30 minutes to make. It's easy enough for a weeknight meal but fancy enough for a date night or dinner party.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta Or your bite-sized pasta of choice -- whole wheat or gluten free are both fine, as well.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 12 ounce bag frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain it.
While the pasta cooks, make the Garlic Cashew Cream by combining the cashews, water, garlic, and lemon juice in your blender, and puree until very smooth.
Transfer the pasta and spinach back to the pot you used to cook the pasta. Pour on the Garlic Cashew Cream, and add the spinach, and artichoke hearts. Stir well to combine.
If your pasta got cold during stirring, you can turn the heat to medium-low and stir constantly, until everything is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve warm.
- You can also make this with just spinach or just artichokes, if you prefer. Simply double the amount of one and leave out the other.
- Any bite-sized pasta will work in this recipe, as long as you use the same amount. Gluten-free or whole wheat pasta are also fine to use.