Air Fryer Tofu Satay
Tofu Satay cooks up incredibly quickly in the air fryer. It's perfect dipped in my quick-and-easy, blender peanut sauce. Serve it as an appetizer or entree!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger no need to peel, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 block tofu see video, cut into strips
- 1 batch 5-Minute Peanut Butter Sauce Use the full 6 tablespoons of water that the recipe calls for
Combine the soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, ginger, sriracha, and garlic in your blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
Pour the marinade over the tofu strips*, and marinate for 15-30 minutes. While the tofu marinates, soak 6 bamboo skewers in enough water to cover.
When your marinating time is up, use a wire cutter to cut your skewers in half, so you now have 6 half-sized skewers. A full bamboo skewer won't fit into your air fryer basket, but these half-skewers will! Remove any splinters from the cut skewers, then, skewer 1 tofu strip onto each little stick. Make sure you are sticking the UNCUT side through your tofu. You do not need to eat any splinters today!
Transfer the mini tofu skewers to your air fryer. Cook at 370F for 15 minutes, DO NOT SHAKE. While the tofu cooks, make your 5-Minute Peanut Butter Sauce, if you haven't already.
When the air fryer beeps, you are ready to eat!
- Pro tip: You can reserve the leftover marinade and use it as salad dressing! It's lovely over a green salad or even as a slaw dressing.
- Satay marinade adapted from Food Network Kitchen.