Easy Vegan Black Bean Dip
Smoky, creamy vegan black bean dip is one of my party go-tos. It only takes a few minutes to make and is perfect with chips and veggies for dipping.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 7 ounce can chilis in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork or potato masher. Some whole beans are fine, just make sure you get them mostly mashed up. You'll still end up with a creamy dip.
Add 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce from the can of chilis and the olive oil, and stir well.
Remove 1-2 chilis from the can, and mince them. For less heat, remove the seeds. For more, leave them in.
Toss in the minced chilis, cilantro, and garlic powder and stir some more, until you have a nice, creamy consistency. Add salt, to taste.
If you can stand to wait, this dip is even tastier after sitting out for 15 to 20 minutes, so the flavors can meld. If not, dive in, friends!
- This recipe doubles easily. You can make a small batch to use as sandwich spreads or for a small gathering or double it for a bigger shindig.
- You can also make this in a blender, if you're in a hurry, but blenders tend to steal a good portion of the beany goodness. Greedy blender!