Pickled Jalapeno Guacamole
This creamy, flavorful guacamole gets its kick from the power of pickled jalapenos. Pickled Jalapeno Guacamole is going to be your new favorite guac.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 small Haas avocados or 1 large
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos depending on how hot you want your guac - homemade or store-bought are both fine!
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion green & white parts are fine
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon juice from the jar of pickled jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro loosely packed
- salt to taste
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork, then mix in all of the remaining ingredients, except the salt. Season with salt, to taste. You can also add extra jalapeno or jalapeno juice, to taste, when you're done with the first mix and mash.
- Just as jalapenos can vary in spiciness from pepper to pepper, jars of pickled jalapenos can bring varying degrees of heat. I recommend starting on the low side, and adding more jalapeno to taste. You can always add, but you can't take away.