Arugula pesto with fresh basil has a nice, tangy kick and is perfect for using up those beautiful, fresh herbs! Serve it over zucchini noodles or pasta, or pour it into a bowl for dipping fresh bread.
The mild spiciness from the arugula blended really well with the basil in this pesto recipe, and cashews made it extra creamy. Serve your arugula pesto over anything you like! Here are some ideas:
- toss with roasted veggies
- pour over pasta pasta
- spoon onto mashed potatoes
- mix into hummus
- pass alongside some bread for dipping
- stuffing into mushrooms
No matter how you serve this up, you’re in for such a treat! Even better: this pesto only takes a few minutes to make. If you’re planning to serve it over zoodles, like I did, the whole meal comes together in around 20 minutes. If you prefer traditional pasta, you’re looking at about the same total time, since you can make the pesto while the pasta cooks.
I’ve got a video recipe for you to check out or you can get the written recipe below. In the photos and the video, I’m serving this pesto over zucchini noodles, but if you don’t have a spiralizer or don’t like zoodles, don’t worry! You can serve this over regular pasta of your choice or as a dip.
Yield: 2-4 servings, about 1/2 cup
This is a small-batch recipe that yields just 1/2 cup of pesto. Feel free to scale it up to make as much as you need!
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Toss everything in the blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve however you like! In the video, I tossed my arugula pesto with fresh zucchini noodles, but you can use anywhere you’d use a basil pesto. For ideas, check out the serving suggestions listed toward the top of this post.