This recipe is sponsored by ZenChef. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.
Air fryer green beans and mushrooms is a deliciously light alternative to green bean casserole. It's perfect for the holidays or any day!
Green bean casserole is a holiday staple, and I like these tender, air fryer green beans even better! They're simple to make and much healthier than the cream-of-mushroom-smothered classic.
To make air fryer green beans, just toss together your green beans and sliced button mushrooms with a little bit of lemon juice, sage, salt, and pepper.
Use some spritzes of spray oil, then air fry for about 10 minutes. Boom.
I like to serve these topped with a sprinkle of crispy, french fried onions to give a little nod to the casserole it's replacing. It adds a little bit of crunch.
If you don't want to use the french fried onions, I'd suggest topping this with your favorite roasted nuts or seeds. Pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, or cashews all work well. That crunchy topping gives this that "green bean casserole" feel that you're going for with this dish.
Air fryer green beans
- 24 ounces fresh green beans - trimmed
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 fresh lemon - juiced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- spray oil
- ⅓ cup french fried onions - for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, toss together the green beans, mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic powder, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Transfer the mixture to your air fryer basket, then use spray oil to coat, shaking well.
- Air fry at 400° F for 10-12 minutes, shaking every 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with french fried onions, if you're using them.