Simple, dairy free cream of broccoli soup is healthier than its cream-filled counterpart without sacrificing any deliciousness!
You don't need a milk, butter, or cream to create a rich, decadent soup. This dairy free cream of broccoli soup gets its richness from white beans and cashews.
Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
- ¼ cup raw cashews - soaked for 10 minutes in hot water, then drained
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15 ounce can white beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- salt and pepper - to taste
- extra steamed broccoli - for garnish
- In your blender, combine everything but the salt and pepper and the extra broccoli.
- Puree until smooth, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- If you used a high speed blender, your soup should be nice and warm already. The magic of the Vitamix! If you want it really hot, though, go to step 4.
- If you used a regular blender, transfer the soup to a small saucepan to warm it up before serving.