Mix up some 3-ingredient homemade ranch seasoning, and use it to make a batch of ranch popcorn. You won’t be sorry!
Guys, I love ranch. Before I went vegan, one of my favorite treats was a plate of tater tots at The Highlander topped with pickled jalapenos and plenty of ranch alongside for dipping.
Now, I satisfy that greasy tot craving with a side of Vegan Ranch Dressing, but who says that the ranch party has to stop there?
This homemade ranch seasoning is great on all kinds of things! Rub it onto tofu before baking, sprinkle it onto popcorn, mix it into your hummus, or stir it into your next batch of cauliflower mashed potatoes.
Grab the homemade ranch seasoning recipe below, and below that is my simple recipe for making ranch popcorn. Because you know you need some ranch popcorn in your life!
It’s versatile stuff, is what I’m saying here! This ranch popcorn is the bomb. Seriously, I never thought I’d find anything to rival good, ol’ noochy popcorn, but this gives it a run for its money.
Ranch Popcorn with Homemade Ranch Seasoning
For the Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
For the Ranch Popcorn
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance or your favorite vegan margarine – melted
Make the Ranch Seasoning
- In the smallest bowl, combine the dill, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Make the Ranch Popcorn
- Pop the popcorn using your preferred method. I used my air popper.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl. Drizzle half of the Earth Balance onto the popcorn, then shake on half of the Homemade Ranch Seasoning. Shake the bowl to toss the popcorn in the margarine/ranch mix.
- Repeat the drizzle, shake, and mix with the rest of the margarine and Ranch Seasoning. Serve immediately.