We eat a tofu and potato scramble almost every weekend, and I've finally worked out how to make it happen in the air fryer!
I love a scrambie on a lazy Sunday morning, but standing over the stove doesn't feel lazy! For the last few weeks, I've been working out how to make my family's favorite tofu and potato scramble (with broccoli!) in my air fryer for ultimate laziness, and last weekend, I. Nailed. It.
Making this work in the air fryer is all about timing. You want to be sure that the broccoli tender, but not overly crispy. But the potatoes need to be crispy. And we want the tofu to be eggy and soft, but also cooked through. Timing, timing, timing.
Just like my Tofu Broccoli Bowl, you add things to the air fryer in stages for this recipe. To make your tofu and potato scramble, you start by cooking just the potatoes, then add the tofu. The broccoli goes in just for the final five minutes of cooking.
To get that tender, eggy texture, you're cooking the tofu for less time than in my Crispy Air Fried Tofu recipe. By skipping the cornstarch and shaving five minutes off of the cooking time, you end up with soft, scramble-style tofu, rather than firm, crispy pieces.
The result is crispy potatoes, tender tofu, and perfect broccoli ready in just over 30 minutes, but with no standing over the stove! Tofu and potato scramble is my new favorite weekend breakfast!
Air Fryer Tofu Scramble
- 1 block tofu - chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 ½ cups chopped red potato - 1" cubes, 2-3 potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the tofu, soy sauce, olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and onion. Set aside to marinate.
- In a separate, small bowl, toss the potatoes in the olive oil, and air fry at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking once around 7-8 minutes into cooking.
- Shake the potatoes again, then add the tofu, reserving any leftover marinade. Set the tofu and potatoes to cook at 370 for 15 more minutes, and start the air fryer.
- While the tofu is cooking, toss the broccoli in the reserved marinade. If there isn't enough to get it all over the broccoli, add a little bit of extra soy sauce. Dry broccoli is not your friend, guys. When there are 5 minutes of cooking time remaining, add the broccoli to the air fryer.