This creamy vegan mini quiche recipe is so easy to make and works great as an appetizer, snack, or party finger food.
The filling for this vegan mini quiche recipe is a sized-down version of my vegan broccoli quiche recipe. It's very easy to make with a lovely, creamy texture.
Making the tofu filling
When you're making your eggless quiche filling, you definitely need to press your tofu. Pressing gets the excess water out, so your tofu is ready to soak in the seasonings! It also allows you to replace some of the moisture with creamy soy or oat milk for a creamier eggless filling.
I press my tofu using the EZ Tofu Press. The EZ Tofu Press gets ½ cup of water out of your tofu, on average.
The EZ Tofu Press is easy to use and easy to clean. It's dishwasher safe, though I rarely put mine in the dishwasher, because it's so easy to wipe clean by hand.
After you press your tofu, break it up into big pieces and add it to your blender along with olive oil, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and soy or oat milk.
Blend the tofu mixture until it's smooth and creamy, then sauté up fresh garlic and broccoli in a little bit of olive oil.
Then, fold the veggies into the tofu mixture along with chopped green onion, and you are ready to fill your phyllo cups and bake.
Vegan phyllo cups
The secret to making this recipe so easily is using premade, vegan phyllo cups. But don't worry! Chances are, you can find these at the regular grocery store.
Companies do change their formulas from time to time, but as of this writing, Athens brand phyllo mini shells are totally vegan. They're also available at most grocery stores -- no need to hit a specialty store for them!
Once you've made your tofu filling, you just spoon it into the premade phyllo cups and bake.
How to store and reheat
Store any cooked, leftover mini vegan quiche in a single layer in an airtight container. They will keep for three to five days in the fridge.
I definitely recommend reheating leftovers, as the phyllo cups get soggy as they sit overnight.
To reheat, arrange them on a baking sheet or in your toaster oven, and bake them at 350° F for 5-10 minutes, just until they're warmed up. Or, you can air fry at 350° F for 5 minutes.
Vegan mini quiche
For the eggless filling
- ½ block extra firm tofu - pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup soy or oat milk - or more, as needed
- ½ teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder
For the vegetables
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- ½ cup minced broccoli
- 1 minced green onion
For the vegan mini quiche cups
- 1 1.9 ounce package of vegan phyllo mini shells - see note
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Make the tofu filling
- In your blender or food processor, break up the tofu and add the olive oil, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon of soy or oat milk. Blend until smooth, adding more milk by the tablespoon, as needed, to get a smooth, creamy mixture. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Cook the veggies
- In a small pan on medium-high, heat the oil, and add the garlic. Cook for a few minutes, until it softens. Then, add the broccoli and cook until it turns bright green.
Assemble the vegan mini quiche cups
- Add the cooked broccoli and the green onions to the tofu mixture, stirring to combine. Then, fill the phyllo cups with the tofu filling. Arrange the cups in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe? Have a question? Leave a reply!