Crispy avocado is are the perfect addition to your taco game. These Crispy Avocado Tacos are fully loaded with hearty corn and bean salad and creamy sriracha mayo.
Avocado Tacos Forever!
Y’all. I have been recommending that folks use my Air Fryer Avocado Fries as a taco filling for two. YEARS. Yet my blog has been sadly missing an actual recipe for avocado tacos.
BUT NO LONGER!
Avocado Tacos are super easy to make. And I’m including baking directions for the avocado fries this time, because lack of an air fryer shouldn’t stand between you and these tacos.
To make your tacos, start by tossing together your corn and bean salad. You want to do this first thing to give the flavors a chance to marry a bit and the frozen corn time to defrost.
Once that’s done, you’re ready to make avocado fries! This recipe uses my very favorite egg replacer to bind the panko breadcrumbs to the avocado: aquafaba.
If you’re not familiar with aquafaba, read my handy guide!
While the avocado fries are cooking, whisk together your super-quick sriracha mayo and get your tortillas ready to transform into crispy taco goodness.
Supper will be on the table in about 30 minutes. A bit more, if you’re going the baked avocado route.
Frequently Asked Question: How to Store Avocado Fries
One question I get a lot about avocado fries is how to store them. The panko gets soggy, if these sit for too long, so I recommend serving your avocado tacos immediately.
The real trick isn’t storing properly but reheating properly.
If you have leftovers, store the avocado fries separately from the rest of the taco fillings, then reheat in the oven or the air fryer.
In the air fryer, a 3-4 minutes at 350F will do the trick. In the oven, bake for 6-10 minutes at 350F.
Whether you make air fryer or baked avocado tacos, you are in for such a TREAT!
Crispy Avocado Tacos
For the Corn and Bean Salad
- 1 15 ounce can black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh OR frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon mild chipotle chile powder
- 1 fresh lime – juiced
- 1/4 cup your favorite salsa – Homemade or store-bought is fine.
For the Avocado Fries
For the Sriracha Mayo
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
For the Tacos
- 12 small corn tortillas – warmed
- Preheat your oven to 400F, if you’re planning to bake the avocado fries.
Make the Corn and Bean Salad
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl, then set aside. DO NOT refrigerate, especially if you’re using frozen corn. It will need time to thaw, which is why you’re making the salad first thing.
Make the Avocado Fries
- In a shallow bowl, toss together the panko and salt. Pour the aquafaba into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the aquafaba and then in the panko, getting a nice, even coating.
- To Air Fry: Arrange the slices in a single layer in your air fryer basket. The single layer is important. No overlapping, please! Air fry for 10 minutes (Do not preheat.) at 390F, shaking well after 5 minutes. You may have to do this in 2 batches.
- To Bake: Arrange the slices on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle oven rack.
Make the Sriracha Mayo while the Avocado Fries Cook
- Whisk the mayo ingredients together in a small bowl.
Make Your Tacos
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the corn and bean salad onto each tortilla, then layer 2 avocado slices onto each one. Spoon a generous tablespoon of sriracha mayo on top, and serve.