Crispy avocado tacos are loaded with hearty corn and bean salad and creamy, vegan sriracha mayo. They're a deliciously easy weeknight meal.
Avocado tacos are super easy to make and so delicious! They take around 30 minutes to put together. While you air fry or bake the avocado, you have plenty of time to make the corn and bean salad and the spicy mayo topping.
Instead of deep frying, you bake or air fry your avocado for these crispy tacos. That means less oil and less active cooking time!
Making the bean and corn salad
Hearty bean and corn salad bring protein and added texture to these delicious tacos!
This is an incredibly easy, oil-free salad. All that you do is combine corn, beans, and a handful of other ingredients in a bowl.
I like to make the salad first, so the flavors have a chance to meld while I prepare the avocado and spicy mayo.
Making the crispy avocado
Now, you're ready to make the avocado fries! This recipe uses my very favorite egg replacer to bind the seasoned panko breadcrumbs to the avocado: aquafaba.
If you're not familiar with aquafaba, read my handy guide!
To bread the avocado, just dredge it in the aquafaba, then in panko mixed with seasonings. I like to pat the breading on, so it adheres really well and gives you a nice, crunchy coating.
Arrange the pieces in a single layer in your air fryer or on a baking sheet, and bake or air fry until golden.
While the avocado fries are cooking, whisk together your super-quick sriracha mayo and get your tortillas ready to transform into crispy taco goodness.
Making the spicy mayo
The spicy mayo takes approximately 30 seconds to make. Combine vegan mayo with sriracha sauce in a small bowl, and whisk them together.
You can control the heat with this sriracha mayo, so start with a small amount, and keep adding until it reaches the spice level you want.
If you do have leftovers, store the ingredients separately. If you need to know how to store avocados to they don't overripen, I've got you.
Reheat the avocado in the air fryer for three to four minutes at 350° F. In the oven, bake for six to 10 minutes at 350° F.
Then, just warm up your tortillas, assemble the tacos, and serve!
More avocado goodness
For the Corn and Bean Salad
- ½ cup canned black beans - Save the liquid from the can of beans! You will need it later!
- ½ cup fresh corn, drained canned corn, or thawed frozen corn
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon mild chipotle chile powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup your favorite salsa - Homemade or store-bought is fine.
For the Avocado Fries
For the Tacos
- 8 small flour tortillas - warmed
- Preheat your oven to 400° F, if you're planning to bake the avocado fries.
Make the corn and bean salad.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a medium bowl, then taste and adjust the seasonings, as needed. You can add salt and pepper, if you like. Set it aside.
Make the avocado fries.
- In a shallow bowl, toss together the panko, salt, and spices. Pour the aquafaba into another shallow bowl.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the aquafaba and then in the panko, getting a nice, even coating.
- To Air Fry: Arrange the slices in a single layer in your air fryer basket. The single layer is important. No overlapping, please! Air fry for 10 minutes at 400° F, shaking gently after 5 minutes. They're ready when they're golden brown.
- To Bake: Arrange the slices on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-23 minutes on the middle oven rack. They're ready when they're golden brown.
Make the sriracha mayo while the avocado fries cook.
- Whisk the mayo ingredients together in a small bowl.
Assemble the avocado tacos.
- Spoon some of the corn and bean salad onto each tortilla, then layer 2 avocado slices onto each one. Drizzle sriracha mayo on top, and serve. You can sprinkle on extra chopped green onion, if you like!
- Air Fryer optional