This is hands-down my favorite vegan ranch dressing recipe. It’s made from cashews, and it’s so, so easy.
Oh man, do I love ranch dressing. From dipping carrots to dipping tots to covering salads to dipping pretty much anything, ranch dressing is the tops. This is hands-down my favorite vegan ranch dressing recipe. It’s made from cashews, and it’s so, so easy.
The trouble is, it’s hard to find vegan ranch at the store, and when you do find it, it’s often pretty pricey. Boo! Most ranch dressings are full of sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk. Not the most vegan-friendly. I was craving ranch the other day and decided to try using cashew cream as the base, and it worked beautifully!
If you’re not familiar with cashew cream, it isn’t some kind of fancy, expensive processed food. In fact, I’ve never seen it for sale in the store. Cashew cream is just raw cashews blended up in water or some other combination of liquids. The key to making good cashew cream is to soak the raw cashews in water. This softens them up so you it’s easy to get them super creamey, even in the crappiest blender.
Here’s how you can make your own creamy, delicious ranch dressing out of cashews.
Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
adapted from Pioneer Woman
- 1 cup raw cashews + water to soak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk, or more as needed (Usually, I use regular and unsweet vegan milks interchangeably, but in this recipe,unsweetened is important!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic chives, minced (regular chives will also work)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- dash of paprika
- salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1. Soak the cashews with enough hot water to cover them completely for 10 minutes.
2. Drain the cashews and pour them into the blender along with the oil, lemon juice, vegan milk, chives, dill, parsley, onion powder, and paprika. Blend until completely smooth. Add more vegan milk, 1 tablespoon, at a time, if it’s seeming too thick.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve