Make homemade ginger syrup for all of the cocktails and mocktails! If you’re giving it as a gift, grab a free printable recipe card to go with.
My sister made this homemade ginger syrup for holiday cooking and gifting. Fancy syrups make a great gift, but often the recipient doesn’t know what to do with the syrup once you make it. Below, you can get my sister’s recipe for ginger syrup, two drink recipes to make with it, and a printable card with the drink recipes for gifting!
Since there are three recipes happening here, let’s just get to it! Here’s the pdf of the drinks recipe card, if you need it for gifting. Just set your printer to print at 100% size and tile as many as you need on a page. It should fit up to four on an 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of paper.
Homemade Ginger Syrup Recipe
Yield: about 2 cups of ginger syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups coarsely chopped ginger (leaving the peel on is fine)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 2 minutes, then cover and bring to a simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Pour the cooled syrup through a fine mesh strainer into a glass container.
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons Ginger Syrup (recipe above)
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- club soda
- But the basil in the palm of your hand and clap 2 or 3 times to bring out the oils.
- Combine the basil, Ginger Syrup, and vodka in a rocks glass full of ice, stirring to mix. Top off with club soda. You can garnish with lemon or lime, if you like.
Homemade Ginger Ale
- 2-4 tablespoons Ginger Syrup (recipe above)
- 1 cup club soda
- juice of 1/4 a fresh lime
- In a tall glass, stir together the syrup, soda, and lime. Top off with ice.