This recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% my own.
Take your vegan brunch game to the next level with Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos!
Guys, I love a tofu scramble. I love to make them in the air fryer or on the stove. I’ll eat a scrambie solo, on a salad, or pretty much any other way you’d like to serve one to me. It’s almost shocking that I am just now getting the idea to make Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos!
These tacos start with a basic stovetop tofu scramble, then layer on sliced avocado and pickled jalapenos. You can use store-bought pickled jalapenos or make the Quick Pickled Jalapenos from my Kale Mary recipe. Either way, this vegan breakfast or brunch dish is hearty, decadent, and satisfying with a little bit of heat!
To get the right texture for this tofu scramble recipe, I definitely recommend pressing your block of firm or extra firm tofu. A good tofu scramble starts with a good marinade, and pressing with the EZ Tofu Press gets around 1/2 cup of water out of a block of tofu, so it can drink in plenty of that good, good flavor.
I love pressing my tofu with the EZ Tofu Press, because it gets the job done quickly, and the block ends up even in shape. Evenness isn’t super important for a recipe like this, since you’re crumbling the tofu anyway, but quickness is always a plus!
Serve up your Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos on soft tortillas, whole wheat or white. Brunch is ready!
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Tacos
For the Tofu
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed
For the Tofu Scramble
- 2 tablespoons olive oil OR avocado oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (1 small zucchini should do it.)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
For the Tacos
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 Haas avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos (More or less, to taste. You can omit, if spice is not your thing.)
Marinate the Tofu
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all of the tofu ingredients except the tofu itself, then crumble the tofu into the bowl. Stir to coat, and set aside while you prep everything else.
Make the Tofu Scramble
- Heat the oil on medium-high in a large skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tofu, and any leftover marinade, and cook until the zucchini softens, about 5-6 more minutes.
- Add the corn and nutritional yeast. Cook, stirring, just to heat the corn through, about a minute.
Make the Breakfast Tacos
- Divide the tofu scramble between your taco shells, then top with guac and pickled jalapenos.