This recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are 100% my own.
Vegan breakfast tacos stuffed with a veggie-packed tofu scramble, creamy avocado, and zesty pickled jalapeños are the 30-minute breakfast or brunch you've been looking for!
Y'all, I love a tofu scramble, so it's almost shocking to me that I am just now getting the idea to make vegan breakfast tacos with a tofu scramble filling! I love to make them in the air fryer or on the stove.
I'll eat a scramble solo, in a breakfast salad, or pretty much any other way you'd like to serve one to me. In this recipe, we stuff a flavorful tofu scramble into pillowy flour tortillas to make super easy vegan breakfast tacos!
These tacos start with a basic stovetop tofu scramble that you glow up with seasonings and lots of veggies.
Start by pressing your tofu in the EZ Tofu Press.
I love pressing my tofu with the EZ Tofu Press, because it gets the job done quickly, and the block ends up even in shape.
Evenness isn't super important for a recipe like this, since you're crumbling the tofu anyway, but the quickness is definitely a plus!
Instead of just sauteing the tofu, you crumble it into a bowl and toss it with a marinade for a few minutes before cooking.
Marinating the tofu first gives it a chance to soak in more flavor than it would have if you'd just sautéed in the same sauce.
Pressing with the EZ Tofu Press gets around a half cup of water out of a block of tofu, so it can drink in plenty of that good, good flavor.
Scramble up the marinated tofu with lots of veggies in your pan, and you're ready to assemble your vegan breakfast tacos!
Spoon the scramble into tortillas, layer on sliced avocado and pickled jalapeños, and devour. If you want, you can add other toppings like salsa, diced tomato, green onion, shredded lettuce, or shredded cabbage.
Leftovers will keep for three to four days in airtight containers in the fridge. Store the tofu scramble and toppings separately.
Reheat the scramble in the microwave or on the stovetop, then assemble the tacos and serve.
Vegan Breakfast Tacos Recipe
For the Tofu
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1.2 teaspoon black salt - optional
- 1 block extra firm tofu - pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sweet onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ cup bell pepper - diced
- ½ cup sliced zucchini - (1 small zucchini should do it.)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
Marinate the tofu.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, turmeric, garlic and onion powders, and black salt (if using). Crumble the tofu into the bowl. Stir to coat, and set aside while you prep the veggies and toppings.
Make the scramble.
- Heat the oil on medium-high in a large skillet. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook until the onion softens, about 5-7 minutes. Add the tofu and any leftover marinade, and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add the corn and nutritional yeast. Cook, stirring, just to heat the corn through, about a minute.
Assemble the breakfast tacos
- Divide the tofu scramble between your tortillas, then top with avocado slices, pickled jalapeños, and any of the optional toppings you choose.