This cozy bowl of Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup is ready in about 30 minutes. It’s packed with flavor and the perfect supper for a busy evening or when you’re feeling under the weather.
About the Ingredients
The trick to this super quick vegan ramen is all about the cheats. Instead of making from-scratch ramen broth (which is delicious but time-consuming), you use a mix of flavorful pre-made no-chicken broth and miso broth.
Add some quick-cooking ramen noodles, and you are ready to top and eat!
I try not to lean too hard on brand name ingredients in my recipes, but you’ll notice a couple of brands in the recipe below. None of them are sponsoring this post, though I am using Amazon affiliate links (which cost you nothing but give me a little kickback that helps me keep the lights on around here).
The brands listed in the ingredients are the ones I used to develop this recipe. You are welcome to substitute other brands, but I can’t guarantee that you’ll end up with the rich, flavorful Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup we’re going for here.
How to Make Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup in 30 Minutes
Making this soup in the time allotted is all about strategy. My Nani Dorothy taught me to never be idle in the kitchen. You can always be getting some cleanup done or prepping the next ingredient.
For this recipe, we’re focusing on the latter to keep cooking time as short as possible.
Here’s what you do:
- Prep as much as possible while the noodles are cooking – work in order, so if you aren’t totally done, you’ll have those initial ingredients ready to roll.
- Prep any remaining ingredients while the broth simmers.
- Bonus points if you’re able to clean up as you go, too!
If you try to prep everything ahead of time, you’ll add about 10 minutes to the total time, which is still pretty darn good for vegan ramen. But we’re going for speed here.
As you can see, there are lots of optional toppings that you can pile into your bowl of vegan ramen. I tend to be a kitchen sink gal when it comes to pretty much any topping situation, but don’t feel like you have to use everything listed just because I do.
Choose your favorite toppings, and serve them on the side. One of the joys of ramen is that everyone gets to choose their own mix-ins!
30 Minute Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup
- 1 batch Air Fryer Baby Bok Choy - (You can saute in a pan with a little oil, if you don't have an air fryer.)
- cashews - or peanuts
- fresh cilantro - chopped
- avocado - diced
- green onions - chopped
- lime juice
- sriracha sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and divide between your bowls.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, combine the garlic, ginger, water, miso paste, broth cubes, carrots, and mushrooms. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the miso and broth cubes are totally dissolved and the carrots soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Ladle the broth and veggies over the noodles, then serve with the toppings of your choice on the side, so everyone can build their own bowls!
- The trick to making this recipe in 30 minutes is timing. Prep as much as possible while you cook the noodles, and do any remaining prep work while other things simmer.
- Calorie information is calculated for the soup only. Toppings will add to the total calories.