This recipe is sponsored by ZenChef. All opinions are 100% my own.
If you’re craving cookies but don’t want a few dozen of them sitting around tempting you for days, this cakey, chocolatey, Mega Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie is for you!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have you ever made air fryer cookies before? I have been working on this recipe for a giant Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie this for about a month, and it’s a delight. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and, frankly, PACKED with chocolate chips.
Like most foods, this cookie takes about half the time to bake in the air fryer that it would in the regular oven.
And because it takes half the time to cook, it’s not a big deal to fire up the air fryer to make a four-serving MEGA COOKIE. This recipe makes one delicious, gigantic air fryer chocolate chip cookie. Perfect for treating yourself and someone special on Valentine’s Day.
This air fryer cookie could not be easier to make. Just mix the dough, press into shape, and bake in your air fryer.
Air Fryer Cookies with Aquafaba
This big cookie is super simple to make, and it uses my very favorite vegan egg replacer: aquafaba. Don’t worry if you’ve never used aquafaba before, it’s just the liquid from canned beans. I recommend white bean or chickpea aquafaba for this recipe.
The great thing about aquafaba is that it’s basically free. Next time you’re making something with canned beans in it, save the liquid, and freeze it in an ice cube tray. When you need an “egg” just pop out and defrost enough cubes to make 3 tablespoons of liquid aquafaba.
I like to reheat the cube or cubes I need in a mug in the microwave, then measure the liquid. One standard ice cube holds 2 tablespoons of liquid.
For this recipe, you don’t even need a whole egg’s worth of bean liquid. It only takes two tablespoons of aquafaba, so one ice cube does the trick.
If you are thawing aquafaba ice cubes in the microwave, just make sure the liquid is cool before you add it to your cookie dough. If you add hot aquafaba, it will melt the vegan butter and the chocolate chips, and your cookies won’t turn out properly.
Trust me – I have accidentally done this more than once.
About My Air Fryer
The air fryer that I used to make this recipe is the ZenChef PRO XXL Air Fryer from ZenChef, who is sponsoring this recipe. Thank you, ZenChef!
I’ve had this air fryer for about six months now, and it is hands-down my favorite that I’ve ever owned. The basket is nice and large (5.8 quarts!), and I love the way it’s designed.
As you probably know, I am extremely picky about air fryers, and this basket design is the kind I like. It pops out for easy cleaning, and it has holes at the bottom (rather than mesh) to allow air flow and prevent sticking.
My favorite feature on this air fryer, though, is the little S button. The S stands for start and for stop. I’ve never seen another air fryer with a stop button, and it feels so much safer than unplugging it while it’s running, if I need to end a cooking cycle early.
Making Cookies in Your Air Fryer
There are a couple of things to note about this cookie recipe:
- You must use parchment paper. Don’t skip the parchment paper, unless you like to chisel cookie off of the bottom of your air fryer basket. Just use a pair of scissors to cut your parchment paper (NOT wax paper or tin foil) to size, and you’re ready to cook.
- You must let it cool before serving. Waiting is not easy, I know! But please let this cool on the parchment paper for the full 10 minutes. The cookie is very soft until it cools.
You can actually make the air fryer cookie dough a day ahead and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge, if you like. Just pull it out an hour or so ahead of time, so it can come to room temperature before you bake. One less thing to think about on Valentine’s Day!
Mega Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie (vegan)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- scant 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl – I actually use a large coffee mug for this – cream together the vegan butter, both sugars, and the vanilla extract, then add the aquafaba and beat it. It’s OK if you’re not able to cream the aquafaba into the sugar-butter mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients (including the chocolate chips) to the dry ingredients, and mix until you have a cohesive ball of sticky dough. You may need to get in there with clean hands to mix everything.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper, so that it covers most of your air fryer basket, but leave about an inch of space on all sides, so you’ll still get decent air flow. Place the dough ball onto this parchment paper on your kitchen counter.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper over the ball of dough, and use it to press the cookie dough into a really big, 1/4″ thick, round cookie. You want this cookie as even as possible, so it bakes evenly. Discard the top piece of parchment paper
- Cook at 350F for 10 minutes, then let your giant cookie cool in the air fryer basket (but remove the basket from the fryer) for 10 minutes before gently transferring to a plate.