Chili lime cashews are a super easy Trader Joe’s knock-off. They only have 5 ingredients and cost so much less than the pre-made kind!
I am all about snacks. Between freelance work and toddler-chasing, eating actual meals sometimes just doesn’t seem to happen. So having tasty, healthy snacks – like these chili lime cashews – around helps keep my blood sugar in check. That’s important when you’re dealing with a threenager.
I got the idea for this recipe after seeing these very expensive seasoned nuts at Trader Joe’s:
$4.99! There is no need for that. These homemade chili lime cashews probably cost 2/3 as much and made at least the same amount, if not a bit more. Making them is as easy as making granola. In fact, the method is the same one I use to make granola. They’re roasted slow and low with periodic stirring, to make sure they cook evenly.
Roasting your cashews for an hour and a half might sound like forever, but the upside to anything oven-related is that you don’t have to actively cook. Put on a movie, and just pop into the kitchen every 15 minutes to give your chili lime cashews a stir. They’ll be ready before you know it!
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Whisk lime juice, chili powder, cayenne, and salt together.
- Toss the lime juice mixture with the cashews until they’re well coated.
- Spread the cashews into a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, making sure to scrape out as much of the lime juice mixture as possible. Bake for 60-90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so that they cook evenly.