Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter is going to be your new favorite fall spread, and it's perfect slathered onto flaky biscuits.
Guys, Darrol and I have been so into baking lately! We've been making our Banana Apple Muffins (with various kinds of fruit) almost every week, and it has been so much fun! Sometimes, though, you just don't want your kitchen to look like a flour bomb exploded in it.
This Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter recipe is me channeling our cooking energy into something less messy but just as satisfying. Spread it all over some Immaculate Organic Flaky Biscuits for a fun, flavorful fall breakfast or brunch. See? You still baked, but there is so much less mess to clean up!
About Immaculate Baking Co.
Immaculate Baking is all about using the best ingredients to make delicious mixes and refrigerated doughs. Scott Blackwell started the company in his garage in 1995. He wanted to make delicious treats with quality ingredients, and over 20 years later, that's still what the company is about.
I love these biscuits, because they're easy to find and the ingredients are almost as simple as what I'd use if I were making my own biscuits from scratch. Check it:
- Organic Wheat Flour
- Organic Palm Oil
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Organic Expeller-Pressed Canola and Sunflower Oils
- Xanthan Gum
- Organic Wheat Starch
- Natural Flavor.
It's basically like having a sous-chef to measure and mix, which is handy when you're cooking with kids. All you have to do to make them is separate the biscuits onto a cookie sheet and bake them!
The biscuits, like many of Immaculate Baking's products, are certified USDA Organic. They have a ton of certified organic and gluten free products available. If you look at the ingredients on the biscuits and some of their other refrigerated doughs, you'll see that the allergy disclaimer reads, "May contain milk." This is similar to a shared equipment warning. Their FAQ page addresses this warning:
"We have the 'May Contain Milk' statement in at the end of the ingredient listing on some of our dough products. We want to alert consumers that are concerned about milk that our products may be processed on lines that handle milk ingredients."
Obviously, whether you are cool with shared equipment or not is up to you. I am fine with shared equipment, as long as the ingredients that the company is intentionally using are not dairy. If you are more strict, I totally get it - it's your call!
But That Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
The Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter couldn't be easier to make. Just combine everything in a bowl, and whip them together into a fluffy, flavorful spread that also works well as a dip! Check out the video to see how easy it is to make, or get the written instructions below the video.
Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
- ½ cup almond butter - (Crunchy or creamy is fine. If your almond butter is sweetened, cut the agave nectar in half.)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar - (Or to taste - for sweeter results.)
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package Immaculate Baking Organic Flaky Biscuits - (Baked according to package directions. Make the Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter while the biscuits are in the oven to save time!)
- Combine the almond butter, agave nectar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice in your blender or food processor. Puree until you have a nice, smooth mix. Chill until you're ready to serve.
- Spread the Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter onto your biscuits, and devour!