Garlicky Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato comes together all on one sheet pan for an easy, crowd-pleasing side dish. These veggies pack a serious flavor punch!
Table of Contents
How to Roast Cauliflower and Sweet Potato on a Single Pan
The key to making roasted cauliflower and sweet potato together on one sheet pan is to cut each veggie to the right size.
For the sweet potato, you want 1″ cubes. These smaller pieces will cook up more quickly, so they’ll keep pace with the cauliflower. You can peel the sweet potato or leave it unpeeled.
Cauliflower cooks up more quickly than sweet potato, so go for larger florets here. Think two baby carrots, sitting side-by-side. That’s the perfect floret size for this recipe.
What I love most about a sheet pan recipe is that you can truly do it all in one dish. Don’t bother tossing the veggies with the soy sauce, oil, and spices in a bowl. Do it right on the sheet pan.
Don’t you just love one less thing to wash when supper is over?
Once you toss everything together, just stick the pan in the oven and bake.
Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Serving Suggestions
I love sheet pan veggies, and I especially love how versatile this Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato combo is. You can serve it straight up as a side dish, but you can also have a bit more fun with it!
- Spoon the warm veggies over greens and drizzle with a good vinaigrette for a Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Salad.
- Serve them up in small flour or corn tortillas with some Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce and green onions for quick Cauliflower Sweet Potato Tacos.
- Transfer them to a soup pot with some drained, canned chickpeas and a good, flavorful broth for easy Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Soup.
- Use them to make my flavorful and filling Basil Curried Couscous Salad recipe.
Whatever you use them for, I know that you’re going to love these veggies!
How to Store and Reheat
Got leftovers? No problem! They’ll keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To reheat, you can warm the veggies up in a microwave-safe container for about a minute, depending on the strength of your microwave. You can also warm them in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes, or until they’re heated through.
Sheet Pan Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato – 1" cubes (see note)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets – (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Add the sweet potato and cauliflower pieces to a large sheet pan or cookie sheet. Sprinkle on the remaining ingredients, then toss gently to coat the veggies in the oil, soy sauce, and spices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until the sweet potato is soft and the cauliflower is nice and browned. Serve warm or cold!
- About the sweet potato: Cut your sweet potato into 1″ cubes, no need to peel — 1 large sweet potato should do the trick.
- About the cauliflower: Your florets should be about the size of two baby carrots, sitting side-by-side.