Vibrant, creamy strawberry salad dressing is tart, sweet, and totally addictive. You need this blender strawberry-basil vinaigrette in your life!
Y'all, you know that I love blender sauces and dressings. This strawberry-basil vinaigrette is the latest addition to my blender sauce repertoire. And you are going to love it!
This is a creamy strawberry salad dressing with an oil and vinegar base but no dairy needed! The berries, oil, and vinegar get creamy in the blender making a creamy, non-dairy dressing.
Ingredients and substitutions
- strawberries - Definitely use fresh berries for this dressing for the best flavor! If you do use frozen berries, let them thaw and discard the liquid before blending. You need a cup after thawing, and be sure that your frozen strawberries aren't sweetened.
- agave nectar - Brings out the sweetness of the berries. You can use maple syrup instead, if needed.
- apple cider vinegar - Vinegar brings the acid to complement the sweetness of the berries and richness of the oil. You can use red wine vinegar instead, if you prefer.
- oil - This is part of the strawberry vinaigrette base. You can use any neutral-tasting oil. Do not use olive oil, because it can get bitter in the blender.
- fresh basil - I do not recommend using dried basil in this dressing. The flavor just isn't the same.
- salt and pepper - You can use more or less, to taste.
How to make creamy strawberry salad dressing
This recipe truly couldn't be simpler!
Just add all of the ingredients to your blender, and puree until you have a totally smooth mixture. That's it!
- Do not use olive oil to make this dressing! I know that it's more heart healthy, but olive oil can get bitter in the blender, especially in a high speed blender, and it can ruin the flavor of your dressing.
Serving and storage directions
I love this dressing on springtime salads, like my crispy tofu salad!
Store leftover dressing in an airtight container and shake well before using. It will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Frequently asked questions
The base for this strawberry basil vinaigrette is fresh strawberries and basil leaves along with oil, vinegar, and agave nectar.
Most creamy dressings use mayo, sour cream, or yougurt as the base. In a creamy vinaigrette like this one, oil and vinegar are the base (just like in traditional vinaigrette), but you make it creamy by putting the dressing into the blender.
More vegan strawberry recipes
Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing
- 1 cup strawberries - stems removed
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil
- ¼ cup basil leaves - loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in your blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.