This Baked Tofu Stir Fry recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.
A stir fry is a pretty easy meal, as it is, but sometimes you’re too beat to stand over the stove. Baked Tofu Stir Fry is here for you on those days: an oven stir fry with Blender Stir Fry Sauce. Meet the No-Stir Bake!
Baked Tofu Stir Fry (aka Oven Stir Fry aka No-Stir Bake)
This oven stir fry used to be a staple recipe in my house, and I’m so glad it’s back in the rotation! It’s one of the easiest meals you can throw together. Just kick back and let your Baked Tofu Stir Fry baaaasically cook itself.
It takes about 10 minutes of prep time to get your No-Stir Bake into the oven, and it couldn’t be easier to throw this meal together:
- Preheat the oven.
- Press your tofu in the EZ Tofu Press for 10 minutes.
- While your tofu is pressing, whip up the Blender Stir Fry Sauce, prep your veggies, and make the rice or noodles that you want to serve with your No-Stir Bake.
- Toss it all together in a covered baking dish, and kick back until dinner is ready.
Press that tofu!
Pressing your tofu is definitely critical in this recipe. Since you’re baking in liquid, rather than pan-frying on the stove, pressing is what’s going to give your Baked Tofu Stir Fry that good, firm texture.
I use the EZ Tofu Press to press the liquid out of my tofu, because it’s quick, even, and easy. You can get enough water out for nice, firm tofu in 10-15 minutes. For this recipe, we are pressing for 10 minutes, for the sake of time.
When you press, you’re also getting the water out, which helps make the tofu in your Stir Bake more flavorful.
To save time, this recipe doesn’t call for marinating your tofu, so you want those tofu cubes to be as thirsty as possible. They’ll soak in that yummy Blender Stir Fry Sauce as they bake.
Blender Stir Fry Sauce
I think a good stir fry (oven or stovetop) is all about the sauce, and this is an easy, homemade sauce that you can whip up right in your blender.
You only need six ingredients (not including water) to make it. There’s no stirring, chopping, or simmering. Just throw everything in the blender, whirr, and you’re ready to roll.
If you’re feeling really lazy, feel free to replace the Blender Stir Fry Sauce in this recipe with a cup of bottled vegan stir fry sauce.
Baked Tofu Stir Fry (aka No-Stir Bake)
For the Blender Stir Fry Sauce*
For the No-Stir Bake
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 8 oz. package sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
Make the Blender Stir Fry Sauce
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in your blender, and puree until smooth.
Make the No-Stir Bake
- Pour the Blender Stir Fry Sauce into a Dutch oven or deep baking dish with a lid. Add the No-Stir Bake ingredients, and toss to coat.
- Cover the dish, and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Serve over rice or noodles.