This Baked Tofu Stir Fry recipe is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press. All opinions are, as always, 100% my own.
A stir fry is a pretty easy meal, as it is, but sometimes you're too beat to stand over the stove. Baked Tofu Stir Fry is here for you on those days: an oven stir fry with Blender Stir Fry Sauce. Meet the No-Stir Bake!
Baked Tofu Stir Fry (aka Oven Stir Fry aka No-Stir Bake)
This oven stir fry used to be a staple recipe in my house, and I'm so glad it's back in the rotation! It's one of the easiest meals you can throw together. Just kick back and let your Baked Tofu Stir Fry baaaasically cook itself.
It takes about 10 minutes of prep time to get your No-Stir Bake into the oven, and it couldn't be easier to throw this meal together:
- Preheat the oven.
- Press your tofu in the EZ Tofu Press for 10 minutes.
- While your tofu is pressing, whip up the Blender Stir Fry Sauce, prep your veggies, and make the rice or noodles that you want to serve with your No-Stir Bake.
- Toss it all together in a covered baking dish, and kick back until dinner is ready.
Press that tofu!
Pressing your tofu is definitely critical in this recipe. Since you're baking in liquid, rather than pan-frying on the stove, pressing is what's going to give your Baked Tofu Stir Fry that good, firm texture.
I use the EZ Tofu Press to press the liquid out of my tofu, because it's quick, even, and easy. You can get enough water out for nice, firm tofu in 10-15 minutes. For this recipe, we are pressing for 10 minutes, for the sake of time.
When you press, you're also getting the water out, which helps make the tofu in your Stir Bake more flavorful.
To save time, this recipe doesn't call for marinating your tofu, so you want those tofu cubes to be as thirsty as possible. They'll soak in that yummy Blender Stir Fry Sauce as they bake.
Blender Stir Fry Sauce
I think a good stir fry (oven or stovetop) is all about the sauce, and this is an easy, homemade sauce that you can whip up right in your blender.
You only need six ingredients (not including water) to make it. There's no stirring, chopping, or simmering. Just throw everything in the blender, whirr, and you're ready to roll.
If you're feeling really lazy, feel free to replace the Blender Stir Fry Sauce in this recipe with a cup of bottled vegan stir fry sauce.
Air fryer stir fry with veggies and tofu
For the sauce
For the stir fry
- 1 block extra firm tofu - pressed, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 bell pepper - cut into strips
- ¾ cup sliced onion
- 4 cups sliced baby bok choy
Marinate the tofu
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in your blender, and puree until smooth. Arrange the tofu in a single layer in a shallow dish, and pour the sauce over it. Marinate for at least 10 minutes. Twenty to 30 minutes is even better.
Make the stir fry
- Remove the tofu from the dish, reserving the leftover marinade. Place it in the air fryer, and top it with the bell pepper and onion. Drizzle with half of the leftover marinade.
- Air fry for 17 minutes at 400° F, shaking every 5-6 minutes, so everything cooks evenly. You can add up to 5 extra minutes of cooking time, if needed, if you want your tofu more well done. This really depends on your preference and your air fryer.
- Add the baby bok choy to the air fryer, and drizzle on the remaining marinade, tossing to coat the bok choy really well. Cook for another 2-4 minutes at 400° F, shaking after 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.