Need a way to spice up your sweet potatoes? Curried sweet potato oven fries to the rescue! They’re perfect dipped in creamy cumin ketchup.
Curried sweet potato oven fries are a great side dish or late night snack. Even my husband, who does not care for sweet potatoes, likes these! The fries are deeply seasoned and so good dipped in rich, creamy cumin ketchup.
They’re a snap to make. Just slice your sweet potatoes and toss them with the oil and spices. While they bake, you can whisk together the sauce ingredients, so your dipping sauce will be ready as soon as the fries come out of the oven.
And you guys! I made a video of this recipe for you! Buying pre-cut oven fries can be so tempting, and I wanted you to see how easy it is to make your own from scratch.
Curried Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Creamy Cumin Ketchup
For the Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Creamy Cumin Ketchup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo - A less tangy one works best here.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of cinnamon
Make the Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat the oven to 400F. (If you’re baking in the oven. No need to preheat the air fryer.)
- Cut your sweet potatoes into about 1/4? sticks. They should be about as wide around as your pinky, but longer is fine.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on a cookie sheet, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over them. Sprinkle on the curry powder, coriander, and sea salt. Toss them well to coat them in the oil, spices, and salt, adding the rest of the oil, if necessary.
- Oven Directions: Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so they cook evenly. When they look brown and a little crispy, they’re done.
- Air Fryer Directions: Transfer the sweet potato fries to your air fryer basket. Cook at 370F for 20 minutes, shaking after 10 minutes.
Make the Creamy Cumin Ketchup
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.