We went to LA, y'all! Let's talk about the vegan snacks we picked up on a decadent Erewhon Market shopping spree.
On a recent trip to LA, a friend took us to Erewhon Market to pick up snacks to eat at The Hollywood Bowl. It was a very delicious and fun night!
A big group of our good friends live out in LA, and it's frankly criminal that we just now have gone to visit them. Our friend Ally did an amazing job helping us find food and fun, and she joined us to talk about the vegan food we had in LA!
Want more Los Angeles vegan eats? Read about our dinner at Crossroads Kitchen!
Listen to the full episode above for more of our Los Angeles adventures, or read about our visit to Erewhon Market below!
We shopped at Erewhon Market!
Our LA trip was over July 4th weekend, and Ally suggested that we see Kool & the Gang and fireworks at The Hollywood Bowl. What a great idea! Hollywood Bowl is a beautiful venue, and the show was big fun.
Hollywood Bowl allows you to bring in food and drinks, so we went shopping for snacks at Erewhon Market.
If you're not familiar with Erewhon, it is a super upscale supermarket that makes Whole Foods look like bargain shopping. This was a very fun splash-out for a special evening, though, and we had a blast shopping and eating!
Honestly, it was a little bit overwhelming, just because of the sheer volume of vegan options in every single section. Deciding what to leave behind was tough!
Like I mentioned above, Erewhon Market is not cheap, and I wish we'd had a guide to the snacks. Below is a list of what we got and how we liked each item. I hope it helps you in your own fancy shopping endeavors!
- Celestial Cinna Pecans - These cinnamon-sugar covered pecans tasted like little Chonuts and were one of the standout snacks for me. Definitely recommended, if you come across them!
- Kii Naturals Cranberry Cashew Crackers - Ally and I loved these, but Dave found them too sweet. I thought they were perfect paired with the vegan cheese spread that we got!
- Misha's Kind Foods French Connection - This was the cheese spread that we paired with the crackers. The nut-based spread was super creamy with herbes de Provence seasoning and olives in the mix. An absolute dream!
- Mia's Plant Based from Italy Prosciutto - We had high hopes for this vegan meat, and it was...just okay. The texture was fine, and the flavor was salty but not really very prosciutto-like. Just a miss overall.
- Cherry Plums - If you ever see these tiny plums at the store, snatch them right up! They are a sweet treat and so fun to snack on!
- Peeled Snacks - This is a dried fruit snack that leaves the peels on. We got the apple, pear, and strawberry blend, and it tasted like dried fruit. It was light on the strawberries, though those were really lovely and tart when you did get one.
- Bjorn Qorn Spicy Nutritional Yeast Popcorn - This was another standout snack! The flavor was incredible, and it was totally addictive. They use jalapeño powder for the heat which gives it a really nice, pepper flavor.
- Droplet Seltzer - You've probably seen these advertised on Instagram. They're seltzers that are supposed to be mood-enhancing. I can't speak to that, but my yuzu, ginger, and reishi mushroom seltzer was spicy, tart, and lightly sweet with no mushroom flavor at all. Super refreshing on a hot day, and I'd definitely get this again!
- Justin's Dark Peanut Butter Cups - We forgot to open these, but we've all had them before. Dave is not a fan, but Ally and I love them! Dave thinks that the chocolate is too dark and that the peanut butter isn't great. Obviously, this is incorrect. The chocolate is fantastic, and the peanut butter is perfectly savory and salty.
🎧 Where to listen
Thank you so much for listening (or reading!). We record these episodes for you, and we'd love to hear from you.
Got a favorite vegan treat that you think we should cover on the podcast? Send your suggestions to [email protected]!
You can find Talkin' Tofu on: