This recipe is sponsored by ZenChef. All opinions are 100% my own.
Thick, rich, creamy Vegan Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is a snap to make. And you only need half an hour to whip it up for dinner tonight!
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Is there anything cozier than a big ol' bowl of vegan broccoli cheese soup? It's warm, filling, veggie-packed comfort food. Even my soup-shunning child likes this soup!
My favorite part about this recipe is how easy it is to make in the pressure cooker. It uses the pot's saute function to turn this soup into a super easy, one-pot meal that's a total crowd-pleaser.
Just saute your onion, cook your soup ingredients, and use the saute function again to melt the vegan cheese and warm the vegan milk. Easy peasy, and supper is on the table in about 30 minutes!
About My Pressure Cooker
I make this broccoli cheese soup in my ZenChef Multifunctional 6 qt. Pressure Cooker. Don't let the name overwhelm you! A multifunctional pressure cooker is just a pressure cooker that does other stuff.
You can use the ZenChef Multifunctiona Pressure Cooker to:
- pressure cook
- slow cook
- make yogurt
- keep your food warm once it's done cooking
The pot also has a bunch of presets for things like rice, beans, and soups and stews. You can really throw food in, press a button, and walk away until supper is ready.
Back to the Broccoli Cheese Soup!
I wouldn't call this recipe health food, but I do make a little bit of an effort to get creaminess into the bowl without adding vegan creamer. This soup gets a lot of its creaminess from the vegan milk and vegan cheese, but it also takes its hearty texture from red potatoes.
The red potatoes cook up in the pot with the broccoli and other veggies, and they turn nice and smooth when you puree. The carrots get pureed, too, so your soup has a hint of delightful sweetness.
It's a real treat to eat!
I definitely recommend using red potatoes or another thin-skinned potato in this recipe. The potato's job is to add creaminess when you puree your soup, and a russet (aka Idaho potato) isn't going to do the trick. I love russet potatoes, just not for this purpose.
Ready to make a big batch of pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup? Me too. Let's cook!
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter - or olive oil or water, if you prefer to water-fry
- 1 sweet onion - chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups diced red potato - 1 large or 2 small potatoes should do it.
- 4 cups broccoli florets - Large pieces are fine - don't spend a ton of time chopping broccoli! Frozen broccoli will also work.
- 3 cups water
- 3 Not Chick'n Broth Cubes
- 2 cups unsweetened vegan milk
- 1 7 ounce bag vegan cheddar shreds
- salt and black pepper - to taste
- Use your pressure cooker's saute function to melt the vegan butter or heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Press the cancel button, then add the carrots, potato, broccoli, water and broth cubes. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can do this in an upright blender, but don't blend the soup while it's still boiling hot! Let it cool for a bit.
- Add the vegan milk and cheddar shreds to the potful of soup, and press the saute button. Cook, stirring until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.