Rich, creamy, mini vegan cheesecakes are a total crowd-pleaser and a snap to make! You only need about 30 minutes to prep, then an hour to chill.
Mini Vegan Cheesecakes
Before we go any further, I want to assure you that this mini vegan cheesecake recipe IS NOT HEALTH FOOD. If you are looking for a healthy vegan cheesecake, please, avert your eyes.
If what you're after is a rich, creamy, sweet, decadent vegan cheesecake, though, you have come to the right place.
While there is an hour of chilling time before you can serve, the actual active time to make these mini cheesecakes is only around 30 minutes, and that includes 15 minutes to soak the cashews for the cheesecake and dates for the crust.
Making the Crust
Like a lot of vegan cheesecake recipes, these little bites of delight use raw cashews as the base. Each one has a lovely, super simple crust made of just dates and almonds.
You might wonder whether you can skip soaking the dates to save a bit of time, but I wouldn't recommend it. Soaked dates blend up much more easily, and the extra liquid from soaking gives you moister crust.
To make the crust, you blend the cashews into a crumbly mixture, then blend the dates separately and mix them together to form your dough. Press small scoops of the dough into the bottom of each lined cupcake cup, and you're ready to fill with that decadent cheesecake goodness.
Making the Vegan Cheesecake
The cheesecake part of this situation is so quick and easy. Just throw all of the cake ingredients into the blender, and puree until smooth.
You don't need a high speed blender to make this recipe. If you have a regular blender, the only extra thing you'll need is patience. It is fully possible to get a smooth, creamy mix in a regular blender. You just have to keep blending. DO NOT GIVE UP! I believe in you!
Once you make the cake mixture, just divide it between your cupcake cups, and chill until you're ready to eat. Make sure you allow at least an hour to chill, so your Teaslies have time to fully firm up before you serve them.
Teaslies: Mini Vegan Cheesecakes
- 3 cups raw cashews
- ¼ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup vegan margarine - melted (measure, then melt)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- berries - optional, for topping
- Soak cashews and dates in separate bowls, using enough HOT water to cover, for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Blend up the almonds and put them in a small bowl. Blend the dates and add them to the almonds, then mix until you have a crumbly dough. Divide mixture between 12 lined muffin tins or 6 lined Texas muffin tins, pressing into the bottom of the pan.
- Blend cashews, margaine, lemon juice, water, maple syrup, and vanilla until very smooth. This might take longer than you think – keep blending and testing until you have a totally smooth mixture that’s not grainy at all. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup completely. Top with the berries, if you’re using them.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.