A cozy bowl of Vegan Pumpkin Soup with sweet corn and tarragon is perfect on a chilly evening. Make this healthy dish on the Instant Pot or on the stove.
You know those days when you get home late but eating dinner out isn’t really in the budget? This is the recipe for those nights.
This pumpkin soup requires minimal prep work. Measure a few ingredients. Chop an onion. Maybe cut up a cauliflower (unless you opt to use frozen).
After the super-quick prep is done, you truly just toss everything into a pot — a soup pot or your Instant Pot — and your work here is basically done.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This recipe has directions for both the Instant Pot and the stovetop. And, of course, you can make this in any stovetop or electric pressure cooker . The Instant Pot is just the one I happen to have.
Related: Vegan Instant Pot Soup Recipes
What makes this pumpkin soup extra cozy is the tarragon. Tarragon has a mild, sweet flavor with a bitter edge and just the slightest licorice taste. But don’t worry — the licorice flavor is not overpowering in this soup. It’s a cozy bowl of comfort food!
Fun fact: tarragon is from a plant that’s related to sunflowers!
The thing I super love about this recipe is that there is virtually zero prep work to do. If you choose canned beans and frozen corn and cauliflower, you just chop the onion, throw everything into the pot, turn it on, and walk away until it’s time to stir in the spinach.
Even if you do choose to use fresh veggies, there’s minimal prep. Just cutting up some onion and cauliflower and getting those corn kernels off of the cob.
That makes this Vegan Pumpkin Soup a perfect weeknight supper for those days when you’re just too tired to cook. Serve it up with baguette for dipping, and you’re good to go.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup (with Instant Pot and Stove Top Directions)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cubes Not Chick’n Broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree – NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 15 ounce can white beans – drained and rinsed (Or 1 3/4 cups cooked white beans)
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/4 cups corn kernels – fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cauliflower florets – fresh or frozen
- 3 packed cups baby spinach
Instant Pot Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the spinach, in your instant pot. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release.
- Open the lid of your pot, and stir in the spinach. If the heat from the soup doesn’t wilt the spinach, you can use the saute function to heat it up more.
Stove Top Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the spinach, in a soup pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until the veggies are all cooked through.
- Add the spinach to the pot, and cook, stirring, until it wilts.