Who says party food has to take more than 10 minutes to make? Not this amazingly easy Vegan Cheeseball!
I’ve been making this Vegan Cheeseball for our Christmas party for years. Possibly for a full decade. Honestly, I can’t believe I never showed you guys how to make it. It’s incredibly simple to make and a total crowd-pleaser!
I’m going to be demonstrating how to make this Vegan Cheeseball and my Spinach Artichoke Dip with Garlic Cashew Cream at Atlanta Veg Fest this weekend (November 11, 2017)! If you’re coming to Veg Fest, I hope you’ll attend my workshop at 2:30pm. The festival and the workshop are free, and the Veg Fest team has amazing vegan vendors, speakers, and demonstrators lined up. It’s one of my favorite events of the year!
The secret to my cheeseball’s goodness is herbes de Provence: a mix of savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and lavender. The lavender is what makes this mix (and, by extension, this Vegan Cheeseball) so special. You can mix your own herbes de Provence, but please don’t feel like you have to. Most grocery stores sell it, or you can find it online.
When I first started making this recipe back in the day, I used herbes de Provence to season EVERYTHING. It was seriously my favorite spice blend, and if you’ve never used it, I encourage you to give it a try. The lavender teams up like a dream with the crunchy almonds and dried cranberries in this festive holiday spread.
You don’t need any special equipment to make your Vegan Cheeseball. Just mix up your favorite store-bought vegan cream cheese with the herbes, a pinch of salt, and some dried cranberries. Shape into a ball, and cover the outside with sliced almonds. It seriously takes minutes to make. Serve it up with crackers and a cute little cheese knife, and you are in business.
Easiest Vegan Cheeseball Ever!
Looook at how easy this is to make, then get the written recipe below!
Easiest Vegan Cheeseball Ever
- 1 8 oz package vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- pinch of salt (plus more, to taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a medium-sized bowl, soften the cream cheese by mashing it with your fork a bit. Add the herbes de Provence, cranberries, and salt. Mix well. Taste, and add more salt, if needed. (Different brands of cream cheese will need more or less salt.)
- Grab your prettiest dinner plate. With clean hands scoop up the cream cheese mixture and form it into a ball in the center of the plate. Pour on the almonds, then use your hands to cover the whole outside with the almond slices.
- Use a clean kitchen towel to clean up the plate around the cheeseball. Add your favorite crackers, and chill until you're ready to serve. This cheeseball tastes best if you can chill for at least 15-20 minutes. Up to an hour or more is even better!