This easy ginger peanut butter sauce comes together in minutes in the blender. It’s rich, creamy, gingery perfection. Pour it on all of your food!
My peanut butter tofu was a hit at Atlanta Veg Fest this weekend! There were samples of tofu baked in this sauce at my table, and I loved watching skeptical looks turn to delight.
“Peanut butter sauce? Sounds weird,” quickly became “Oh my gosh, that’s amazing!” Hurrah!
This recipe is from my cookbook, Bowls, and it’s one of my favorite quickie sauces. You make it in the blender, so it truly comes together in a snap.
Atlanta Veg Fest Mini Wrap-Up
Atlanta Veg Fest was this past weekend, and guys. It was magical. I spent the whole day eating and talking about delicious vegan food with amazing folks from all over the country. I thought it would be fun to share a few Veg Fest highlights before we get to the peanut butter sauce recipe! Here they are, in order of appearance:
- Discovering when I arrived that my booth neighbor was the fabulous Cafe Sunflower! I couldn’t have asked for a better spot.
- Scoring some Upton’s Jackfruit! It’s not in stores yet here in Atlanta, but I got the BBQ and Chili Lime at the fest. YESSSS!
- Meeting the fabulous Hope Hughes and David Powell from Curiously Veg. David told me that he keeps a copy of Bowls on his kitchen counter, because he uses it so often on busy weeknights! The best compliment ever.
- Seeing pictures of Darrol Henry dancing with the GARP cow (thanks, mom!).
- Talking to one of the organizers from the brand new Nashville Veg Fest, coming in 2016! She was there with her toddler, and it was so nice to chat with her.
- Meeting Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. She is such an inspiration, and when I gave her a copy of my book, she cried and hugged me. It was the last thing that happened at Veg Fest, and what a great way to end the day!
A million thank yous to the organizers, fellow vendors, and attendees. You all made it such a special day for everyone there. It’s truly my favorite event of the year.
Making Vegan Ginger Peanut Sauce
The sauce is seriously easy to make. Just toss all of the ingredients in the blender, then puree up to spicy, creamy perfection.
You can keep the finished sauce for three to four days in the refrigerator. I like to make a big batch and use it as a sauce on warm dishes and as a salad dressing for lunches.
It’s seriously one of the most versatile sauces in my recipe arsenal.
And here’s the peanut butter sauce recipe! If you want to make the Peanut Butter Tofu that I had at Veg Fest (also a recipe from Bowls), just press and slice a block of extra firm tofu, arrange in a greased glass pan, pour the sauce over, and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
5 Minute Peanut Butter Sauce
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger – coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce – to taste
- 2-6 tablespoons of water*
- Put the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, and Sriracha into your blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water by the tablespoon as needed to get things moving.