Rich and creamy creamsicle overnight oats will totally remind you of that childhood treat. And you only need five ingredients to make them!
Did you love creamsicles as a kid? That creamy texture and orangey flavor reminds me of summer camp when I was very small. We'd go to the pool, then eat popsicles to cool down afterwards, and there were always creamsicles on offer. These creamsicle overnight oats are me trying to make a healthy version of that food memory. And I kind of think I nailed it.
The secret to super creamy overnight oats is to use yogurt instead of some or all of the milk. For this recipe, I used a 1:1 yogurt to milk mixture for a creamy result that's still moist and delicious.
I used my homemade soy yogurt, but you can substitute your favorite, unsweetened vegan yogurt. Just know that most packaged vegan yogurts are sweetened. You may want to back off on the maple syrup in your mix, so you don't end up with something overly sweet. Unless that's your thing. You do you.
Whatever you decide, this recipe is super simple to make. Just puree your yogurt mix, then stir it together with the oats right in the container you're using to store them. Stick the jar into the fridge overnight, and in the morning, breakfast is ready! You can also make these in the morning and serve them for dessert.
Tangerine Creamsicle Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt of your choice*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk - or vegan milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tangerine zest - If you have a microplaner, like the one I used in the video, this is ideal, but you can definitely mince by hand!, very finely minced
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Combine the yogurt, soy milk, zest, and maple syrup in your blender. Puree until smooth, then pour into your pint jar.
- Stir in the rolled oats, making sure to coat them as evenly as you can in the yogurt mixture.
- Stick the jar in the fridge, and in the morning, you can enjoy a creamy bowl of nostalgia.