Spicy Peach BBQ Hummus is perfect for dipping chips or your favorite veggies. You can serve this as finger food at a party or bring it tailgating on Game Day. It only takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine. I hope that you’ll share your own #GameDayGreats in the comments. You can even win a $50 Kroger gift card for commenting!
Guys, I am not a big sports person. What appeals to me about game day is the snacks. It doesn’t matter what team you root for or even if you root for a team at all. If the snacks are on point, everybody wins in my book. When Kroger challenged me to create an Atlanta-themed tailgating recipe for their #GameDayGreats series, I knew that I had to include peach and BBQ flavors. Spicy Peach BBQ Hummus travels well and is super flavorful.
This BBQ hummus uses bottled BBQ sauce and chickpeas as its base. You can start with 1 1/2 cups of my homemade BBQ sauce as your base, if you prefer homemade to store-bought. Serve up your BBQ hummus with your favorite crackers or veggies for dipping. I picked up local cucumbers and yellow bell peppers, a bag of organic carrot chips, and Simple Truth Multigrain Crackers with Salt & Pepper at Kroger to dip.
You can dip whatever you want into this BBQ hummus, but my favorite by far was cucumber slices. Despite being oil free, this hummus has rich, deep flavors, and refreshing cucumber balances that out like a champ.
Kroger Gameday Greats Comment to Win
This recipe screams “Atlanta” to me, because it uses local cauliflower from Kroger, plus two classic Atlanta flavors: BBQ and peaches. Kroger wants you to share your own #GameDayGreats tailgating recipe. To enter, leave a comment below, and confirm your entry by filling in the Rafflecopter form. I’ll use Rafflecopter to choose the winner of this giveaway, so don’t forget that step!
Disclaimer: Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
A Note About Vegan BBQ Sauce
You might be surprised to learn that not all BBQ sauces are vegan. The two main animal ingredients to look out for with BBQ sauce are honey and anchovies. Anchovies in BBQ sauce aren’t all that common, but I’ve definitely seen them in there, so give those ingredients a read-through!
I chose Simple Truth Sweet & Spicy Organic BBQ Sauce – Kroger’s store brand – for this recipe, because it has everything I want in a store-bought BBQ sauce:
- It’s vegan.
- It’s delicious.
- It’s organic.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s spicy.
You can choose other sauces, like their Original BBQ Sauce (It’s also vegan!), but I wanted to start with a spicier sauce, since I like my food with some heat. The directions below walk you through how to adjust the flavors, so you can start with either Original or Spicy. I’ve got you.
Check out the recipe video, or scroll down to see the written recipe:
Spicy Peach BBQ Hummus
Yield: about 2 cups
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic BBQ Sauce (Sweet or Spicy)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves (or more, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- veggies and crackers, for dipping
- Combine the chickpeas, BBQ sauce, peach preserves, and hot sauce in your blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Taste the hummus, then start adjusting to suit your tastes.
- If it tastes just right, refrigerate in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve. For tailgating, pack the container in a cooler with ice packs when you’re ready to go.
- If it’s too spicy, add another tablespoon of peach preserves, blend again, and taste.
- If it’s too sweet, add another 1/2 to full teaspoon of hot sauce, blend again, and taste.
- Keep adjusting the sweet and spicy elements until you’ve got the perfect Spicy Peach BBQ Hummus to suit your tastes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.