You guys, I am so excited to share my latest recipe: perfect, crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside air fryer Brussels sprouts.
Guys, I have a problem: I am the only person in my house who likes Brussels sprouts. And I. LOVE. Brussels sprouts! Roasting them up in the oven just for me didn’t feel worth the time investment, but Brussels cook up like a dream in the air fryer. This recipe makes two to three servings of Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts.
More air fryer goodness: 30+ Vegan Air Fryer Recipes (because I’m obsessed!)
If you want to make this for just one person, you can halve this recipe. It works like a charm!
You can also double the recipe and still cook everything up in one batch, but if you want to make more than twice as many, I’d definitely do this in batches.
If you crowd them in the basket, the ones in the middle won’t get crispy.
To make these Brussels in your air fryer, simply slice your sprouts in half lengthwise. This makes them cook faster and increases surface area, which lets them get even crispier on the outside.
Measure out two cups of the sliced Brussels, then toss with oil, vinegar, and salt. Air fry, shaking once, and you’ve got perfect Brussels sprouts in under 15 minutes.
It’s also possible to make these oil free, if that’s your jam. When I first shared my air fryer Brussels sprouts adventure on Instagram, someone asked about ditching the oil, so I tested an oil free version as well.
It’s easy! Just replace the tablespoon of oil with a tablespoon of maple syrup, and you’re in business.
I can’t promise that oil free Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts will be as crispy as if you used oil, but I can guarantee that they will be delicious.
You can watch the recipe video at the top of the page, or get the written recipe below!
Perfect Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Crispy-on-the-outside, tender-on-the-inside air fryer Brussels sprouts.
- 2 cups halved Brussels sprouts sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil OR maple syrup*
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, toss together the Brussels, oil or maple syrup, vinegar, and salt.
- Air fry at 400F for 8-10 minutes, shaking (and checking their progress) after 5 minutes and then at 8 the minute mark. You're going for crispy and browned, but not burnt!
* Use maple syrup for an oil free option. Just note that if you ditch the oil, the finished product won't be quite as crispy as the version with oil. But it's still delicious!
* Calorie count is for the recipe with oil, because it's my favorite way to make these!